10k Symbols Addresses

and

@IOHK_Laurie Could you comment on it please? Is this a bug or a feature?

2 Likes

I believe you can make the address as large as you like, subject to the transaction limit. Obviously most people don’t – because you have to pay for it and what’s the point. But you can. And I can see looking back in explorer that many people have. I only realised recently, but other people have been doing this for a while, for whatever reason.

So it’s not a bug. If the developers thought through the implications I don’t know - but probably they did, that’s what the fee is for. The “thing” about it, is that fees are fixed in ADA, when ADA was $1 you’d be very thoughtful about what you added in, but at $0.07 I’m on the verge of uploading the family photo album.

I’d also like to test the alleged 64KB transaction limit, if anyone would like to donate me some ADA for that.

1 Like

https://forum.cardano.org/t/cardano-extra-long-addresses-with-images-gist/17705

4 Likes

:smile: that sounds like a great way to spend a few cents!

So that I get this straight, are these images encoded into output addresses?

I would have thought the tax had the data fields for payloads.

1 Like

I’d also like to test the alleged 64KB transaction limit, if anyone would like to donate me some ADA for that.

The ADA/byte cost is only 0.000043946, so wouldn’t a 64KB transaction only cost about 3 ADA?

2 Likes

Wow the embedded images did surprise me a little. Very nice discovery! Though I’m glad it was not a photo of Michael Parsons.

2 Likes