13.04.2018 - IOHK's weekly technical report

IOHK’s weekly Cardano technical report is out.

You can read it here: https://www.cardano.org/en/weekly-technical-reports/

thanks for the update!

Thank you.

I’m not close enough to the details of the project to understand how the core refactoring is going to effect progress to Shelley phase and staking. I think that’s so important to get done by early 3Q consider the progress being made by rival 3rd gen platforms.

Hello, @cranium! Shelley release is planned to be performed throughout Q2 and Q3 of 2018, and this release includes running it all on the test-net first.

I don’t think there’s any point to compare release dates of Cardano with release dates of other projects in the field. And especially no point in considering them rival. Cardano is built on the principles of cooperation and interoperability, meaning that it can and will work with any neighbour systems, adding to their and its own value.

Please be assured that IOHK has very rigorous schedule for the project, and the fact that one feature may get delayed by rescheduling just means that something else is being developed instead, still moving the project toward the final goal :slight_smile: