"a series of epic vulnerabilities" in the #EOS platform

One thing is critical - as I understood you still have to have your paper wallet (0:38). How will you get this without showing it on a screen of your PC? Everything what comes later is irrelevant. Alright, not completely irrelevant - but this is a weak point.

I donā€™t understand why would IOHK hire Prof. Koutsoupias, and worry about all this game-theory stuff. This honestly looks like a perfect solution to me:

Tell me this is a jokeā€¦

OMG ā€¦ thatā€™s the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Howā€™s that project gets to have top 5 market cap and 4bln dollars raised is beyond my logic

They raised about 4B USD with their year-long ICO and consequently have stupid money to throw around and aggressively market their stuff. Investors are drunk on this Cool-Aid and seem to think their leader, Larimer, is some infallible deityā€¦ Of note, EOS investors seem to think that the recent reporting of a serious bug in their code is all FUD. Ridiculous.

1 Like

Thats 1-0 right there

I see things differenlty. Like human stupidity versus human intelligence is 1-0 for this game, as usual.:slight_smile: Also, it has nothing to do anything w/ them and us as weā€™re not in a church, fan club (some might would argue) or political ideology/party.

And thatā€™s the beauty in the human nature. Who is stupid is just a point of view of the context at the certain moment/time.

1 Like

For sure, the point of view changes over time. I was making a joke at 1-0 as the game is never over. I appreciate your perspective. This type of contextual judgement reminds me of Tesla, where appreciation of his contributions remained, but the moment in time has changed to allow for utility of them

And what can be done against it? People are people, it easily to trick most of them with some shinny trash. It makes me sick to think of this one year ICO with Ethereum token as a name placeholder. But - man has to be honest - this marketing trick was very successful so far. It even succeed to convince some important YouTube influencers in the field (well, I hope that they are only blind, nothing more). Now we got a situation where EOS is seen by many as savior of the world!

that is just crazy yet it s what happening right now ā€¦

1 Like

Wait a bit. A story has to happen before it can be told over and over again.
Only time will tell whether the quick hare or the clever hedgehog had the better strategy.

6 Likes

This whole field is in itā€™s infancy so much that many of my friends (academic degree) havenā€™t even heard about this thing (except for some strange name Bitcoin) - so - current user base is incredibly small group of the people. Thus - man could think that thereā€™s lot of timeā€¦
But is it? Once when something gains popularity among early adopters it easily spread itself to the rest of the users as soon as they begin to use this new tool. After all - what is more logical for a new user than to start using something that his neighbor ā€œexpertā€ recommends? Especially if this is something the most of the people uses.
Also - who knows how much can EOS improve?
Sure - a programming language is notoriously insecure - but the truth is that for many use cases it isnā€™t so critical. I guess that EOS will find a place under the sun. But all this hype around itā€™s nameā€¦ wellā€¦ maybe it isnā€™t that bad - as long as they donā€™t pretend to be what they arenā€™t. EOS and Cardano simply arenā€™t the same category.

speaking of vulnerabilities ā€¦

I couldnā€™t find comparable ADA token distribution; Can someone points me to any resource that allows me to view the same information for Cardano please?

https://adatracker.com/richest

Top 100 addresses own ~33% of ADA. But IOHK is among them, and they are not like a single person owning that much. Also thereā€™s Binance which is also gonna sell that stuff around later, from my understanding. Some other exchanged might be in there, but they donā€™t disclose their addresses.

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting that IOHK is the top of the list, I would have thought the Cardano Foundation would be up there. Or maybe I just donā€™t understand the organization structure between the foundation, IOHK and Emurgo.

5,185,414,108 ADA was distributed among 3 companies: IOHK, CF, and Emurgo. Later IOHK released a post, disclosing their address, thatā€™s why itā€™s named in the explorer. Binance is also named only because they have disclosed it voluntarily, afaik. CF and Emurgo never did, idk why. Maybe theyā€™ve distributed their shares so there are too many addresses, or whatnot. IOHK only had some slight movement on their address somewhere in December 2017 because they needed to give some ADA away as vested bonuses to partners or contractors, not sure. IOHK actually have the right to spend 33% from the moment of launch, another 33% since June 1 2018, and last 34% since June 1 2019, but they only have spent ~2% so far.

5 Likes

Wowā€¦Thanks for posting this article, @fxlprasetyo

As for the money heā€™s made off of Eos this week, Vranken said, ā€œI think I will buy a house.ā€

ā€œMaking the world a better place. One happy hacker at a time. :wink:ā€

2 Likes