AdaApi::getLocalTimeDifference

Hello,

I can’t connect to cardano network. Daedalus gives me this error message : AdaApi::getLocalTimeDifference

I am on ubuntu. How can I fix this ? I have installed an ntp client, so the datetime should be ok…

Hi, it is probably Ubuntu causing this. I have tried many times building the Cardano-sl node and the Daedalus wallet on Ubuntu and always had problems. Daedalus stuck at 100% syncing. It turned out that the getLocalTimeDifference API was not present in the node. Yesterday, I have build everything from scratch on a Debian system using a different fork of Cardano-sl and now everything is fine. You can see the whole discussion here

As a test, I have rebuild the official Cardano-sl (branch master) on a different Debian system and now I having problems with the getLocalTimeDifference API again. Seems like the Cardano-sl master branch is having issues.

Do you think we should post an issue to github ? It seems that daedalus for linux is not a priority for the moment :frowning:

I already opened a new issue on the Cardano-SL Github. The Daedalus wallet for linux is OK. You can build that from their Github. You can build the Cardano-SL node from this fork for now.

They already responded to the new issue. Turns out you have to build Daedalus from revision a267ae05daaf3947fe679eac56d1257a8775b27b and cardano-sl from master.

I have build Daedalus from revision a267ae05daaf3947fe679eac56d1257a8775b27b and cardano-sl from master and both are fine. Restoring my wallet on linux…