Brief explanation of what happened lately:
Emugro launched their new explorer for Cardano (Sieza). On the 4th day of its launch they got listed on Coinmarketcap. According to @vantuz-subhuman they’ve just followed standard listing procedure - link
Very lucky indeed, considering the fact that in took me 12 days to actually get some response from CMC when I tried to get listed as well. Response was something like “we will pass info to the devs, thanks for letting us know about your explorer”
Yesterday AdaLite switched to Sieza as well. Quote from the letter I got:
AdaScan works great and I would like to thank you for our cooperation but we would like to use Seiza as we (Vacuumlabs) developed it for Emurgo.
So what did I get after 8 months of AdaScan running:
Top referrer (AdaLite) - gone
CMC acknowledge Seiza as more valuable explorer (even though it showed negative balances on the day it was listed, and now balances are still inaccurate)
Accusations from Emugro employee that I’ve haven’t done enough to get the same results as Sieza got and failed to prove value and reliability of community projects - link
What I’ve decided to do:
- AdaScan was turned off - link
After it several users reached out and offer financial assistance. That is why I am creating this topic.
I am still have no desire to continue developing AdaScan, but I see that community wants it back online, so here are options I can offer for community:
Explorer will be back online in its previous state if:
a. We gather 12k USD (fiat equivalent of the efforts being put into it) of donations
b. CMC will list AdaScan as Explorer 2 instead of Sieza
AdaScan will be upgraded accordingly with Shelley testent release and the next mainnet release if we gather 10k USD (fiat equivalent of the efforts that would be needed for the upgrade) more.
Monthly expenses to run adascan is about 80$. I am ready to continue cover it from my pocket if at least one of previous 2 condition will be fulfilled.
Explorer will remain non-commercial unless I have no money to run it anymore. In that case community will decide either we gather some more donations or run enable google adds, etc.
In case if only 1st condition will be fulfilled I do not 100% promise any new features or updates to be implemented. Updates will probably happen, but only if I have free time and desire.
In case if 2nd condition will be fulfilled I 100% promise ONLY Shelley updates. Once again any other updates will probably happen, but only if I have free time and desire.
P.S. It is not ultimatum or blackmailing. I am writing only because people reached me out and offered funding. AdaScan was created because of my belief in project and only funding I had was my enthusiasm. Unfortunately (or luckily) I own no ADA anymore and not going to buy it anytime soon, neither I have belief, so I don’t care if explorer be online or not. Community will decide what happens next.