January 1st 2021 the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) came in to effect in all African countries except one. Its objectives are
- create a single market, deepening the economic integration of the continent
- establish a liberalized market through multiple rounds of negotiations
- aid the movement of capital and people, facilitating investment
- move towards the establishment of a future continental customs union
- achieve sustainable and inclusive socio-economic development, gender equality and structural transformations within member states
- enhance competitiveness of member states within Africa and in the global market
- encourage industrial development through diversification and regional value chain development, agricultural development and food security.
- resolve challenges of multiple and overlapping memberships
This is a chance for CF, IO, Emurgo and the Cardano community to take.
Every SPO and developer should have an African strategy. Tutoring, mentoring, driving adoption.