Ambassador Stories, Journal #10: Carlos

Welcome to the 10th journal of our weekly “Ambassador Stories” series! :star_struck:

Every week, you’ll be able to enjoy the various, unique stories of our Cardano Community Ambassadors: what motivated, and still motivates them, to be part of this amazing and wonderful community?

The Cardano Community Team would also like to thank the Ambassadors for all their continued efforts and participation in sharing their stories with us. :writing_hand:

Please read all about Carlos (@carlos_lopez_de_lara) down below! :open_book:

Part 1: Carlos, Ambassador Content Creator

Carlos is a wonderful Cardano community member who helps create comprehensible videos about the Ouroboros protocols, even for non-PhD people! He is a great asset to the community with spreading useful and valuable information! Carlos told us he is working on a new series of videos, so something is definitely cookin’! Keep it up, Carlos and thank you for all that you do!

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

I graduated from business administration, then studied for a masters in economics and worked for the government for 5 years. I quit that job because everything was far too slow for my taste. Many projects were put down because of politics.

I chose a different path, dumped the tie, and became a photographer. I learned the art, the techniques and key secrets thanks to a cool mix between formal education and youtube videos.

I’ve done editorial photography, books, weddings and commercial photography.

My most important ongoing project is a book on the production of wine, that was commissioned by an important “wine house”.*

I also own a coffeeshop and coworking space.

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

In 2018, a friend of mine and client of the coworking space was invited to a blockchain startup weekend, he was looking for a project to develop. Me being a freelancer, proposed a solution to one of the most common problems among us: NOT BEING PAID FOR OUR WORK. (It happens more often than you think!).

So I got invited to that project (we were a team of four) and we developed the concept for CreativeContracts. The concept was very straight forward. A platform where freelancers could easily create escrow smart contracts so that both parts (the client and the freelancer) were protected against the other party failing. We developed a prototype in Ethereum and ended up winning the competition. In the end we rejected the investment offer from a venture capital because we felt that Ethereum was not good enough… we were exploring Waves when we got to know Cardano, and we decided to wait for it.

3) Why Cardano?

Because of its rigorous, science-based approach!

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

As a Content-Creator. Currently working on a series about Ouroboros protocol.

Fun fact: I designed the cover for the “Plutus writing reliable smart contracts” book. If you look closely, in the background you will find the napkin from the PlutusFest containing the core semantics of plutus.

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

If any cryptocurrency is to be successful in the long run, Cardano is definitely one of them. Again, Cardano is taking the correct approach… Rome was not built in a day.

I see this project solving real problems for real people like freelancers, or solving the expensive commissions paid for remittances across the world, and allowing average people like me, to be part of important investment real estate projects. I think that in a few years Cardano will become the standard.

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

It’s not about the price, it’s not about speculation, it’s all about solving real problems!

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Carlos’ hard work! She can be followed on the Cardano Forum, on Youtube, Twitter and pops in our Telegram channel from time to time!

9 Likes

Helo from Brazil:brazil:

Oi, como vai?

we were exploring Waves when we got to know Cardano, and we decided to wait for it.
wow, that’s powerful

Carlos,
You Sir, and people like yourself are the reason I have not sought to attain the status of Ambassador, I am genuinely impressed with your contribution to our community, I have high hopes that other’s from the Blockchain communities learn from your lead and further our development as they come to our platform and apply lessons learned from their experiences bieng involved in and understanding how other blockchains work, thank you for your efforts!