Ambassador Stories, Journal #19: Thiago & Tony

Ambassador Stories, Journal #19 : Thiago & Tony

Welcome to the 19th journal of the “Ambassador Stories” series! :star_struck::tada:

New stories will be shared with you, whenever new ambassadors join our ranks and provide their stories.
You’ll be able to enjoy the various, unique stories of our Cardano Community Ambassadors: what motivated, and still motivates them, to be part of this amazing and wonderful community?

The Cardano Community Team would also like to thank the Ambassadors for all their continued efforts and participation in sharing their stories with us. :writing_hand:

Please read all about Thiago (@tsnnst ) & Tony (@tonychan) down below! :open_book:

Part 1: Thiago, Ambassador Content Creator:

Thiago has been an active community member for some time. In particular within the LATAM Cardano community. He runs a stakepool and has his own Youtube channel. Please all welcome him to the Ambassador community and keep an eye out for his content!

(Thiago and his baby girl :two_hearts: )

(#ThiagoFam :family_man_woman_girl_boy: )

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

I always saw myself as an entrepreneur. I owe a lot for having witnessed the basics of commerce with family business. From an early age I maintained an interest in technologies in general. As the internet was something very limited at the time, the game was always to try to exploit the most of a technology, and that’s how I ended up going through two courses, Systems Analysis and a short period in Computer Science.

At that time I realized that the role of scientist was not what I wanted. Without entrepreneurial skills and without help of people, building more complex projects would not happen. From then on, I had 4 companies, going from software development to marketing and business strategy. Today free time has become a scarce token after the arrival of my little angel.

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

I spent a lot of time reading about the technology. Having no understanding of Austrian economics made it a bit difficult to fall in love with Bitcoin. With Ethereum it was different. It made more sense to me. At that moment I felt the impact of the change that this technology would cause in the future.

3) Why Cardano?

Cardano managed to gather the points to create a technological masterpiece, when the DAO hack occurred it was a testament to the disasters that this technology could bring. Financial losses on the blockchain are “irreversible” and that means wasting our precious time. Cardano is the only financial DAO that will be able to evolve safely in the long run.

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

For now I have focused on giving more attention to stakeholder operators who want to run their pool on their own but are not as knowledgeable or are lost with so much information. I also help with support on the Brazilian and Lusitano telegram channels. I produce some videos on my Youtube channel and some blog posts when I don’t have time to make a video. That said, I still believe that the biggest impact that I will cause will be with the pool’s projects and seeking adoption here in Brazil.

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

For me it is a long road, we will not change anything in the blink of an eye. Great partners are welcome, but at the end of the day I believe it is education that will improve people’s lives. Talking about a future without education does not make sense.

In my vision of the future, Cardano has helped to educate thousands of people on how to participate safely in the economy of the next century.

Here in Brazil, education about our ecosystem still needs to gain a very large dimension, including in the developer community.

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

Adoption is also made by ourselves, backing the people that want a better future for all of us. Be kind, be patient. I don’t know if I will be able to deliver all I want, but nothing will stop me from planning and executing my next step.

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Thiago’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum, via Twitter, Youtube channel, or his own website.

2 Likes

Part 2: Tony (@tonychan), Ambassador Moderator:

Tony has joined the Cardano community several years ago and has shown to be very active with helping provide information and other useful things on our social media platforms, especially on Telegram for the Chinese community. Thank you for your time and efforts, Tony. We welcome you and hope to hear and see more of your presence in the coming time!

(Tony found the light with Cardano :flashlight: :smirk: )

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

Hello! My name is Tony Chan. I was born in Beijing, China. I work for Alipay and I’m a QA manager. I think my experience taught me how to balance speed and quality. When I am not working I enjoy working out, and watching sports and playing basketball.

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

I discovered Bitcoin in 2016, in an economic summit when a speaker mentioned Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. I was amazed by the notions of decentralization. Then I started to read books and study this new technology.

3) Why Cardano?

I heard about Cardano in early 2018. And my friend suggested I should read the whitepaper of Cardano. After reading the whitepaper and watching some of Charle’s videos, I was convinced that Cardano will change the blockchain industry. On the other hand, I like Cardano over other crypto projects for its fact-based approach.

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

I help to manage the Cardano China community as much as possible. I also help to educate and grow the Chinese speaking community, offering support and necessary guidance.

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

I hope Cardano will be everywhere and those great companies are using Cardano.

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

Dream big or go home! Cardano could be a real game changer.

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Tony’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum and on the Chinese Telegram channel.

—The End of Part 2.

We are truly blessed with such motivated community members we have in our ecosystem! Thank you all for reading, and don’t forget to leave your comments/likes and give our Ambassadors some Cardano community :heart: and follow their work!:100::muscle:

Until next time, with new people and new Ambassador Stories! :wave:

3 Likes