Are bigger pools more rewarding than smaller pools?

At 6.95% ROS for epoch 213 according to PoolTool.io, DApp360 [d360] stake pool outperformed the top 100 big pools. Previous epochs (211, 212), D360 ROS was on par with the bigger pools. Lady Luck unexpectedly awarded D360 pool more blocks in epoch 213. So the question is, are bigger pools really more rewarding (ROS) than smaller pools currently?

2 Likes

Well, as far as I understand, isn’t ROS the only metric you need to look at to answer that question? Although, perhaps the data could change a little over time.

1 Like

I think ROS is just one metric because a small pool (depending on how small) can easily be victimized by a the lottery draw than a big pool. Victimize… meaning that the smaller pool doesn’t get a block at all in an epoch. So over time, who come up on top…small or bigger pool?

1 Like

I see what you mean, well I’m not an expert on the lottery draw but I’m sure a statistician would tell you that if all other things are equal, the random nature would mean you’d win bigger in a smaller pool sharing rewards with fewer delegators if you did have the lottery-luck. I need to read up more on the technical side of the lottery draw because obviously the bigger pools are more likely to produce blocks in general, it’s whether the ratio of size:blocks produced balances out over time or not and of course luck plays a part too, I’d assume the data would average out quite a lot in time.

1 Like

Nothing to see here folks just a humble brag. :wink:

2 Likes

Smart! You keep marketing Mike. If you have the numbers, sell them!

Stupid brags, smart markets.

3 Likes

@robblunz Thanks for your comment. At least you care enough to leave a comment. I genuinely appreciate it. No ill will on my part.

2 Likes

Just trying to be a bit light hearted also a bit cheeky. Keep up the hard work. :grin::pray:

2 Likes