Balance seen in CNTools wont match Daedalus

I would like to know how to correct the following situation if the first address in the HD wallet was not used. As mentioned in CNTools:

Only the first address in the HD wallet is extracted and because of this the following apply:

Only spend Ada from CNTools, if spent through Daedalus/Yoroi balance seen in CNTools wont match

What is proper procedure to fix/match HD Wallet and CNTools wallet if Ada was not sent from CNTools and not sent to the first wallet? In this case consider the CNTools wallet was also used for pledge.

Send again ada from daedalus/yoroi to the address from cntools

The strange thing is I am not able to send from Daedalus wallet to the same Daedalus wallet, but to the first address used in CNTools. I keep getting “Not enough ada for fees”. However, it should be noted that this wallet has a balance well above the fee limit > 100ADA.

This same Daedalus wallet has all its ADA staked to a pool, but if I recall this should not prevent me from moving ADA around. Not clear why in CNTools I see 0 Ada (I sent to the second address, but I am trying to correct and align the balances) when I navigate to Wallet → List, but in Daedalus I see the full balance. What am I missing?

The strange thing is I am not able to send from Daedalus wallet to the same Daedalus wallet, but to the first address used in CNTools. I keep getting “Not enough ada for fees”.

Try to go in cntools to wallet and show
then copy the address and send from daedalus ADA to that address (u can try with 2 ADA first time)

However, it should be noted that this wallet has a balance well above the fee limit > 100ADA.

Yes, the wallet has funds… but not the address from cntools which is first address (u can copy the address from cntools and check the balance for that address on cardanoscan.io)

This same Daedalus wallet has all its ADA staked to a pool, but if I recall this should not prevent me from moving ADA around. Not clear why in CNTools I see 0 Ada (I sent to the second address, but I am trying to correct and align the balances) when I navigate to Wallet → List, but in Daedalus I see the full balance. What am I missing?

Because as I already told… u restore only the first address via mnemonic … not the all wallet like daedalus… cntools checking only for that address if it has funds

Cheers,

@Alexd1985 : This for the pointers. I checked Cardanoscan for first address and clicked: “View All Address”. This way I saw which addresses had balances. I sent those balances to an entirely different wallet using same address. After, I sent today back to first address from original wallet. Now CNTools shows the balance I am expecting (minus fees).

1 Like

I wanted to suggest this… but I thought u can’t handle it :slight_smile:

Bravo!!

I did not necessarily like this approach. But I guess that is the only way. Thanks again for your help! Has IOHK hired you yet? :smiley:

1 Like

It was a joke, you know right:)
I already have a full time job :slight_smile:
Cheers,

1 Like

I just increased my pledge. Even though the balance in cntools is wrong and I get an error message the pledge increase should be ok as long as wallets true balance matches the pledge?

Yep, blockchain should consider whole stake. Single-address restriction is just a CNTOOLS (and Nami) thing.

EDIT: On Cardanoscan, you can see that your whole pledge is considered https://cardanoscan.io/pool/pool18mgmqghey8az6duffc6e9tpzwxsquf00wpkl0jr8gvqxumkg4m0, although it is not completely on the first address https://cardanoscan.io/addresses?stakeKey=f8d48f4cdf07d411a7952b3f85c43c4fcece5d7c25bfcbdf75f3f8ec.

I know this thread is ancient, but since it came up and for future reference:

The entirely different wallet in between would not have been necessary. You can send to the first address, recognised by CNTOOLS, directly as an internal transaction.

1 Like

I was going to try this! You could just send the difference in balance so it matches right? Are there fees for this kind of transfer?

Yes there will be fees in every transaction but it’s very small.

1 Like

Depending on the wallet app, this might work, but it could also choose the ADA that are already on that address and leave ADA on other addresses, where they are, instead.

Just sending all ADA (maybe with a “send all” option if the wallet app has it) will work in any case and the fees in pure ADA wallets should not be that much higher. (In wallets with lots of native tokens, transactions can become quite costly or even impossible if there are too many tokens.)

Or, in more advanced wallet apps, you can explicitly select all UTxOs that are not on the first address and send only them to it. Eternl’s TxBuilder would have that possibility, for example. Building the transaction on the command line is also always an alternative.

1 Like