Cardano Foundation announces its delegation methodology - CLOSED

Hi,
Any new updates?

Please consider MDP.
Mission Driven Pools [MDP] are aiming to give back a portion of their earnings to do some good in the world.
Here is the list of the pools:

3 Likes

You can also split the funds in more 5M wallets (I know will be harder to manage but u will triple the support for small pools).

5 Likes

20 days of working hard - any results?

1 Like

Agreed - and for small pools who are just starting, even a million would be incredible.

I wanted to also underline, having just found this forum after applying in April, that an operator who has purchased the minimum 500ADA pledge in the current market has made a similar commitment to their pool to one who pledged 25k on March 25 last year…

(i.e. 25th March last year ADA= 0.025 → $650ish for 25,000, compared to 500ADA with prices around 1.49 this March 25th when we started up, 500ADA= about $725)

Surely this must matter.

As a new pool operator, (CDNC) I pledged the minimum to our primarily charity-oriented pool, but we then each (4 operators) staked our remaining ADA as stakers, to try and show support that way. Would this matter in the selection process?

Anyway, thanks so much for doing this - decentralization is so important, and without new startup pools, the large, anonymous exchange pools would otherwise rule the space.

Also, its about time to double K again, so the ADA of all the big or even saturated pools have to move. Some of the huge operators will likely not double their servers. Ok, that’s other topic but still related if we want spread and diversity.

This will not happen until a hard fork containing an a0 rework occurs, likely this fall (last I knew according to IOHK).

2 Likes