Cardano Foundation announces its delegation methodology - CLOSED

“in the last 4 rounds”… what does that mean?? Is it possible for the foundation to delegate to a pool more then once before another qualified pool is delegated to once?? why not take pools out that you have delegated to until all other qualified pools have been delegated to?

1. why only 4 rounds?
  2. is it a random selection?

thanks,
Anthony

1. Because you have to draw the line somewhere. What happens if halfway down the list, new pools pop up that meet the specification? Do they go to the end of the line or not? What happens when they want to stop doing it this way? Then there would be a huge backlash by the pools that were ‘qualified’ but didn’t get chosen in time. With 4 rounds it’s really a rotating lottery and you don’t get SPOs feeling entitled to have the CF delegate to them.
  2. I assume it isn’t completely random since there is a person overseeing the selection of pools that qualify and they have already delegated to pools outside of those who qualified as a ‘thank you’ for their help with the ITN.

Are you putting out the new list of pools. I think your last list was 21 days ago…

thanks

3 Likes

could you post a list of the Pools that are considered?

thanks

3 Likes

Ditto the last request please

3 Likes

Here is the current status:

17 November 2020: Cardano Foundation to adjust its delegation methodology following changes to the k-parameter

Dear all — Please read our latest information about our delegation methodology here. We will communicate further updates as and when available.

2 Likes

19 November 2020 re-delegations by the Cardano Foundation

The 10 stake pools the Cardano Foundation re-delegated to on 19 November 2020 are (in alphabetical order):

• 1JPN,
  • ADAVZ,
  • AOAUS,
  • ATLAS,
  • GENKI,
  • K9K,
  • LATAM,
  • SAGE,
  • THRIV,
  • VIPER.
    We will continue communicating our re-delegations.
4 Likes

Is there a way to sign up for this re-delegation?

Wait wait y’all still dropping 64M delegations with k change around the corner?

I mean I understand promoting decentralization and all but driving core business away from small pools is not the way to accomplish this.

So much for random, eh?

6 Likes

yeah, not sure if this is win, when people are now searching for pools under 60M…

5 Likes

Forgive me for restating the obvious the previous posters said but 64M will not help those 10 pools to get potential long term stake from redelegation moved during k change. You could help more pools by delegating 20M to 32 pools. You have to assume k=500 because it will be when you rotate again…

4 Likes

As a very small pool operator for AOAUS, I’m not concerned at all about receiving 64M pledge right before the K parameter change. I’m very thankful that the Cardano Foundation is helping small pools.

While the timing is inconvenient, the one thing that small pools need at the moment is a chance to show that they can produce blocks if given the opportunity. Since my pool was created in epoch 212, I’ve been able to create 2 blocks with less than 80K delegated. A lot of small pools haven’t been that lucky.

As one of the lucky pools (ATLAS) to receive a bump delegation from the CF program we’re in a bit of a predicament as to how to communicate this with our current and hopefully future delegators.

Up until today we have been promoting our pool as an alternative for delegators whose pool might become oversaturated after Dec 6th. Now we realize that we might actually become one of those pools! Since we read that there is still some tweaking going on with the program, we are wondering when we will have an update so that we can plan and inform accordingly. We’re especially interested if we can tell our delegators whether or not we will be below saturation again by Dec 6th.

Without knowing how much protocol and automation you have in place for this promotion program, we are also wondering if it might be possible to adapt and reduce the boost to half the size and subsequently promote twice the pools for twice the duration? We think this way the intended outcome of giving more small pools a push might be even more effective. Especially now during the change of the k-parameter.

4 Likes

Completely agree. While we are very grateful to be chosen to receive this stake, putting us above saturation right before the k decrease will likely make us worse off in the long run. We’ve already lost a 1.2M ADA delegator and, in addition to the risk of losing more of our delegators, we will likely miss out on attracting more delegators that are leaving big pools in the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

I share what my colleagues say, I am very grateful to have been one of those chosen to receive the delegation from the Cardano Foundation.

The problem is that now it is time for movements, since on December 6 the value k changes from k = 150 to k = 500, with k = 500 the pool enters saturation with 64M and with the delegation of the Cardano foundation now GENKIPOOL pool is saturated, which is why many people will think that the pool is saturated and they will not want to delegate with us.

Due to this situation, it would be good if they helped us spread the message or at least give us some information on how they will help us with this situation.

Also, I think it would be good if in case of not getting new or enough delegates due to this situation, they at least left in the affected pools the rewards that the foundation has obtained for delegating to the pools.

2 Likes

I hope someone sorts this before the 6 Dec.
The delegation of CF is really welcome and will assist the various chosen pools to create blocks and move them forward as a pool.

In view of the proposed changes to K, effective 6th Dec, the original concept is now not going to help, as every pool will automatically drop into ‘over saturated’.

Who needs to review this with some urgency to make the change ?

Maybe split the delegation, instead of 64M x 10 Pools,
Delegate 32M x 20 Pools

Ta

2 Likes

Team is full aware and they have said they will be sharing updated strategy soon, Please check updated thread here

4 Likes

With K increasing to 500, is it still 600k ADA to produce a block?

Does this include 5%? Or only what’s below 5%?