Cardano Foundation announces its delegation methodology - CLOSED

Great initiative

I think the foundation should delegate 12 Million ADA to 50 Small pools instead of 60 Million to 10 pools. It would result in a better decentralization. Just my 2cents :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Im pretty sure thats the idea as soon as n-to-many is available. But at the current stage i think its a high risk to split their wallets to many small ones.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this @yosef. That is super interesting.

2 Likes

Looks like this initiative works. After next-round these pools had total +9M and now they have +16M (diff between CF delegation and now)

8 Likes

@Cardano-Foundation

How will the CF delegation strategy change to account for the new parameters k = 500 and k = 1000 coming in December and March, respectively?

3 Likes

@Cardano-Foundation
Do you re-compile the list of pools every 3 epochs in which to pick from in order to account for new pools that may have met your standards in the previous epochs. Also, do you remove pools that have already been delegated your funds until you have gone through all eligible pools?

Thanks,
Anthony

We are currently working on that and we will communicate our new strategy once that is finished.

5 Likes

Yes, we compile the list of pools each time shortly before re-delegation. And yes, we also remove pools to which we have already delegated funds in the last 4 rounds.

2 Likes

ā€œin the last 4 roundsā€ā€¦ what does that mean?? Is it possible for the foundation to delegate to a pool more then once before another qualified pool is delegated to once?? why not take pools out that you have delegated to until all other qualified pools have been delegated to?

1. why only 4 rounds?
  2. is it a random selection?

thanks,
Anthony

1. Because you have to draw the line somewhere. What happens if halfway down the list, new pools pop up that meet the specification? Do they go to the end of the line or not? What happens when they want to stop doing it this way? Then there would be a huge backlash by the pools that were ā€˜qualifiedā€™ but didnā€™t get chosen in time. With 4 rounds itā€™s really a rotating lottery and you donā€™t get SPOs feeling entitled to have the CF delegate to them.
  2. I assume it isnā€™t completely random since there is a person overseeing the selection of pools that qualify and they have already delegated to pools outside of those who qualified as a ā€˜thank youā€™ for their help with the ITN.

Are you putting out the new list of pools. I think your last list was 21 days agoā€¦

thanks

3 Likes

could you post a list of the Pools that are considered?

thanks

3 Likes

Ditto the last request please

3 Likes

Here is the current status:

17 November 2020: Cardano Foundation to adjust its delegation methodology following changes to the k-parameter

Dear all ā€” Please read our latest information about our delegation methodology here. We will communicate further updates as and when available.

2 Likes

19 November 2020 re-delegations by the Cardano Foundation

The 10 stake pools the Cardano Foundation re-delegated to on 19 November 2020 are (in alphabetical order):

• 1JPN,
  • ADAVZ,
  • AOAUS,
  • ATLAS,
  • GENKI,
  • K9K,
  • LATAM,
  • SAGE,
  • THRIV,
  • VIPER.
    We will continue communicating our re-delegations.
4 Likes

Is there a way to sign up for this re-delegation?

Wait wait yā€™all still dropping 64M delegations with k change around the corner?

I mean I understand promoting decentralization and all but driving core business away from small pools is not the way to accomplish this.

So much for random, eh?

6 Likes

yeah, not sure if this is win, when people are now searching for pools under 60Mā€¦

5 Likes

Forgive me for restating the obvious the previous posters said but 64M will not help those 10 pools to get potential long term stake from redelegation moved during k change. You could help more pools by delegating 20M to 32 pools. You have to assume k=500 because it will be when you rotate againā€¦

4 Likes