Cardano Foundation announces its delegation methodology - CLOSED

I represent ADYAY pool and I am so pleased to see this initiative!
Just got to wait for that first bock to come through :smiley:
Here is to a decentralised future!

2 Likes

Hi @matthew_lowry - welcome! Good to have you here.

Cool action from the Cardano Foundation!

Unfortunately, my small pool (ticker: CDA) will probably never be there because the pledge is less than the 25k. :frowning:

2 Likes

4 February 2021 re-delegations by the Cardano Foundation

The 45 stake pools the Cardano Foundation re-delegated to on 4 February 2021 are (in alphabetical order):

ALIVE,
ALOHA,
AMINT,
AQUA,
ARVE,
BLOC,
BOBA,
BRAIN*,
BRAVO,
CCIO,
CHAIN,
CSS,
CUDA,
EPIC,
FAY,
FLOWR,
GIGA,
HEAL*,
HEX,
ICRYP,
IMPI,
KAZE*,
LAMB,
LOOP,
MARLN,
MINT,
MUSE,
NINJA,
ODIN,
PARIS,
SAFE,
SEA**,
SEED,
SIGN,
SPRTA,
STKPL,
THETA,
THORP,
TOSHZ,
VADA,
VEGN,
VJRAS,
WOLV,
WORLD,
XSTAR,
XYZ,
ZENY.

EDIT: As attentive community members have already pointed out, there were three pools in the list that did not fulfil their pledge. New delegations are:
KAZE —> HEAL
SEA —> BRAIN
(MINT fixed their pledge)

2 Likes

Seems KAZE and SEA are missing the pledge :man_shrugging:

Looks like KAZE has a message posted that their pool’s being retired due to technical difficulties.

VEGAN Pool would like to know how you get noticed for delegation?
Thanks

1 Like

What is the criteria to be eligible for delegation please ? :slight_smile:

For stake pools to be eligible for delegation from the Cardano Foundation, they must fall within the following criteria (data sourced from a self-hosted passive node):

• Hold between ₳25,000 and ₳2mn as a pledge,
  • Operated by a stakepool operator that only runs one pool (difficult to verify but best effort attempt),
  • Have a normal operating cost of less than 5% variable rate, and a fixed rate of around ₳340,
  • Does not have a high number of ada already staked (less than 5% saturation),
  • Have validated blocks successfully in the past,
  • Have not been delegated to by the Cardano Foundation in the last four rounds.

Check in the original post.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply i dont thinnk i messaged you directly so im doing it again :slight_smile:

Hi Zyroxa, I tick all the boxes except minting a block.
I missed my first block a few weeks back as I set up the BP node incorrectly.
According to leader logs I’m minting a new block this epoch.
How often do these delegations happen?

Thanks,
Vegan Pool

Im not really sure to be fair.

I think its like once per month.

How do I get myself noticed by the CF ?
thanks
Richard

It would be great to see that the CF is doing a bit more research than just a lottery before delegating it’s stake to the pools. I’ve just checked on SEA and KAZE on pooltool.io. Yes SEA is missing the pledge and KAZE is retiring and messaging it delegators to not nominate it as it’s not connected to a BP. As a pool operator that is getting 1 block every 3-4 epochs, that kind of stake would be great for SPACE or any other pool that is in the same boat.

Also I think there have been now 4 rotations of delegations and knowing that other pools that have been elected already in the first round, isn’t very equitable of a method for rotating stake. Anyway It’s your stake you can use it as you want, but it’s a currently just not being utilized at it’s fullest and fairest as I see it.

1 Like

Thanks again for flagging @cardanesia, @Ilhan and others. New delegations are:
KAZE —> HEAL
SEA —>BRAIN
(MINT fixed their pledge)

1 Like

Hi adatainment

We have lowered our fee to meat the Cardano Foundation requirements. We appreciate everything you are doing to help SPO’s. Please include BBHMM in the system to delegate your ADA. Thank you and let us know if you have any questions about our pool.

• Hold between ₳25,000 and ₳2mn as a pledge,
    1.08m

• Operated by a stakepool operator that only runs one pool (difficult to verify but best effort attempt),
    We are only one pool.

• Have a normal operating cost of less than 5% variable rate, and a fixed rate of around ₳340,
    We are at 340 and 4.9%

• Does not have a high number of ada already staked (less than 5% saturation),
    4.9%

• Have validated blocks successfully in the past,
    we have 7 blocks

• Have not been delegated to by the Cardano Foundation in the last four rounds.
    not yet

You do not need to be manually elected/entered in, the system will randomly elect you if you meet those requirements.

3 Likes

Hi. Great to see this. I’m new to Cardano and just in the process of moving ADA off exchange to wallet. I look forward to staking with your pool :slight_smile:

These requirements are really high.
Unfortunately, my small pool doesn’t have such a high pledge.

Do agree with some operators , at our pool EUAP1 we got a 1k pledge and got 10 small delegators, nevertheless 25k is really a high requirement at the moment, and in the future is going to be even more difficult to match the criteria for being selected.

Are there any current discussions or for future considerations to change this selection criteria?Otherwise it will be even more difficult to get selected.

If anyone saw discussions about it, would appreciate a link :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was VERY excited to join the community and create my pool, until I realized that i’ll have to fork over around 25k (which I don’t have).
Don’t you think that is a pretty steep requirement? Maybe this made sense a few months back, but not now… That will pretty much rule out the little guy sadly…

1 Like