Coin Toss Function in Ouroboros

We don’t need a separate seed for each slot-leader - the single common seed is derived in the preparation phase and then used to generate 21600 random values, yes.

2 Likes

Thank you. This is what I wanted to know. :+1:

Hi
Its very legitimate your question and the conversation is as interesting as always, yet i would love to make a suggestion with the title " Coin Toss problem in Ouroboros" i know Cardano enough to know that there is no problem in that mutter yet for someone that doesnt know about Cardano and want to learn, he/she would visit the this forum and would read " Coin Toss problem in Ouroboros" assuming there is a problem even if not, that is FUD caused by us!
So, I would suggest a title like this " The coin toss problem & Ouroboros" this way its better …
We, most of all should care about Cardano and the perception that people " that doesn´t know about" have about Cardano!

1 Like

I understand your concern but I don’t think we should get into the habit of changing topic titles for such reasons. For clarity is a good reason but that’s not the issue here. Let’s have some faith in open discussion and avoid being overly censorious! :grinning:

3 Likes

You both had some valid points so I changed it to coin toss function. It’s much more clear now. I think :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, Perfect!!!