Daedalus 4.4.0 on windows not opening

Same here, unable to open at all. It opens for 1 second and closes automatically. Any solution?

Dear MrYoshii,

Thank you for your continued patience. Our team has identified the cause of the issue and we are working on a fix. Don’t worry, your ADA is safe.

We expect a new version of Daedalus to be released within the next 48 hours. Once the new version is released, we will be following up with next steps.

We will be in contact with you soon. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
The IOHK Technical Service Desk

1 Like

:thinking: new version mean ,need to update again while 4.4.0 is working on my computer or only for folks where it dont work. or its new 4.4.1 version update​:thinking:

I have the exact same issue. Installed/uninstalled multiple times. It wont open

Same issue. It simply does not open. Opened a ticket w/ IOHK

1 Like

version 4.4.1 resolved the issue! Thanks!

2 Likes

Just leave it open till it connects.

i updated Daedalus to the new version (MAC) and it doesn’t open anymore … it gets to 99.99% and tells me to restore it. What happen? I need help.

Same here. I’m using Ubuntu. Version 4.4.1 made it worse. The computer completely freezes. This wallet is really bad, always having issues.

EDIT: It looks like a memory leak. The system runs out of memory

EDIT2: For other people having this problem, there is an alternative wallet called Yoroi. It’s very lightweight (it doesn’t have to sync the whole blockchain) and just works. Thanks to that, I’ve been able to access all my ADA. I don’t see any reason not to use Yoroi instead of Daedalus, you can even delegate.

lucky 4.4.1 runs for me smooth only sync time is up a bit but okee ,light wallet is a option for those who are mad on the heavy mainnet wallet.
think iohk must have more complains like couple of thousands instead few like here to realy do something about it,they need to fix it asap😎

The same thing happened to me, after trying to open by clicking on the daedalus in documents it came up with another update 4.4.1 which have downloaded and checked the checksum then fully downloaded Daedalus, now it opens much faster

Same experience here on W10, nothing happens. Taskmanager not showing any sign of Deadaus action. .
Is this the reason for ADA ? not following the last weeks raise in the other coins. BTC and ATH are just 5 to 7 % behind their ATH. ADA is 30% behind. My Yoroi still works, but there are so many messages of badly working Yoroi’s. What good reason was it to remove the bar charts showing the earnings for each epoche on YOROI. And anyway, the rewards earned on staking were never in sync between Yoroi an Daedalus. That was much, sorry