Daedalus wallet

Такая же проблема,покопался в логах,нашел,что он не работает через порт 8090.Что делать не знаю,пробую изменить порт для входа,но пока не занаю точно как.

Same here. They need to sort this out as major issue. Have reported

Total agree with you. I was going to invest more but now holding back until this issue is resolved. It questions your faith in the project, although I do think it will get resolved as more and more people report it.

hello everyone, i had the same problem with “stuck” on “connecting to network”, but i’ve solved it. In my case admin account directory contained cyrillic chars and the cardano-node.exe couldn’t create any folder in %app_data% directory.

You can discovery %app_data%\Roaming\Daedalus\Logs folder. There you can find 2 files: daedalus.log and cardano-node.log. Both of them contains useful information about what causes error in yout cases.

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

I also had problem with connecting to network. Deadalus.log said “Error: connect ECONNREFUSED”. After much investigation I found that I added some local DNS lookups in etc/hosts for local development. Just in case someone finds it useful. I use windows 7.

Managed to get my Ada from Bittrex to my deadlaus wallet for the long haul. Excuse the amaturish question but if my Mac breaks, are my ADA safe? I have my pass phrase safe.

I have now a wallet =) happy me
I wonder why the wallet address is so long? Anyone has an idea?

warm regards,

Jamal

4 hours waiting, still connecting to network, macOS Sierra, 10.12.3
It was working last week. Any ideas for mac?

Yes, I went under the user without Cyrillic characters and the problem was solved, the program has connected to the network and started updating the blocks. You somehow solved the problem of a user with Cyrillic symbols? Probably can be done .bat file to set the working directory to the specified location, for example D:\Daedalus and not to use the path through the Roaming of the user account. Let’s try to solve this issue, just technical support did not even understand the reasons. There are probably people here understand how to make the correct bat file.

Да, я зашел под пользователем без кирилических символов и проблема решилась, программа соединилась с сетью и началось обновление базы блоков. Вы как-то решили проблему из под пользователя с кирилическими символами? Вероятно можно сделать .bat файл, который будет устанавливать рабочую папку в указанное место, например D:\Daedalus, а не использовать путь через Roaming в учетной записи пользователя. Давайте попробуем вместе решить этот вопрос, раз техническая поддержка даже не разобралась в причине. Наверное есть здесь люди разбирающиеся как сделать нужный bat-файл.

I am running Windows 10 and fixed this way. Looks like there was a bug in previous update that is fixed by new version:

1. Uninstall Daedalus.
  2. I deleted the entire folder from C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Daedalus.
  3. Redownloaded latest waller from website
  4. Reinstalled.
  5. Oopened Daedalus and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Best Advice: @io_jeremy , tell your team to discontinue this wallet. It doesn’t really speak well of you guys. It sends off confusing vibes since 80% of the people that got Cardano felt that they are being part of a highly skilled and productive team.

Since the wallet is making your team look bad, just discontinue it and focus on the core thing.

It is important to understand that this is a full client in the bootstrap era. Before Cardano, I personally had never ran any full client other than Ethereum (2 years ago), and I would have never got that running without getting one-on-one help from developers I know. Just last year, when I suggested to an app developer they run a full bitcoin node for a project, they gasped and hollered; they ended up using a very costly API provider instead

Most people never run full clients. We aimed to get it to run on as many machines as possible. But the reality is people will have machine specific issues, and many machines are not up to spec for running the software, much like you can’t play all games on steam.

We are working quickly to get the libraries out necessary for light clients. After this is out, 99% of people will never run the full client moving to the light clients.

1 Like

Вообще то это классно ,но кто то бы помог решить эту проблему пошагово.Типа- зайти туда то и сделать то то.

Let’s hope the light client works as it should.

hello all i have a question i am planing to uninstall my wallet and reinstall it since it is stock on syncing blocks 90% ; however i have one concern i do remember my security phrase and my password, but i can not recall what i called my wallet, does it matter? if i reinstall my wallet does it bring the wallet any way with the name it in? also do you know where i can find the name of my wallet . thanks

It depends how you uninstall. If you remove the wallet completely, restoring from seed doesn’t concern names and passwords

1 Like

Good morning and Happy New Year!!
It’s been 3 days that I am stuck to “connecting to the network…” and can’t have access to my wallet. I want to make a transfer with the coins I bought but I can’t. Is it a problem or all these happen because of the traffic of the last days?. Is there something that I can do? Pls, any advice would be useful!!!

I never had any issues with the Daedalus Wallet on Windows 7 and transferred all my ADA from Bittrex to the Wallet about few weeks ago (Now it seems Bittrex has an issue). I usually open the wallet once every 2 to 3 days time to synchronise all blocks as it is a full client. Like others I am also waiting for the ADA App in Ledger and don’t need to worry about the sync process.

Few days back when I tried to open, it got stuck with “Connecting to Network…” issue. After trying various things, once it worked, after renaming some of the log files.

Now I have found the below solution and it works like a charm.

1. Make sure your time is correct with Internet Time. This is the main issue as any variance of 20s will cause the wallet to get stuck with “Connecting to Network…”.

2. In Windows 7 (atleast in my case), I never had successful attempt to Synchronise the Internet Time. When I select and choose Update Now, it always fail with timeout error.

3. I manually set my Windows 7 time to match with the time shown in my mobile phone, in my case iPhone.

4. After that whenever I start the wallet by double clicking the .bat file, it connects to the network without an issue. No issues with this workaround.

Please make sure that your time is correct.

As per the post by Jeremy, I have also backed up the Secret-01 and Wallet-01 folders so wallet can be imported into any new installation.

Hope it helps people with Windows 7.

1 Like

i use win 10 and have same problems

Anyone get a resolution to this problem?

Having the same issue where it simply says “connecting to network…”

This is ridiculous.

As soon as I get connected, I’m dumping all of my ADA.