DAEDALUS will not open on my IMAC

Downloaded Daedalus and it was successful, but it will not open.

Will it open if you right click the application and select open? Sometimes with third party apps they will be blocked by OSX. I experienced issues on mac and posted my resolution as a response to this iohk post - IOHK statement: connecting to network issue

Even when i right click on the loaded icon it won’t open. Nothing happens!
Tryed deleating and reloaded still wont open.
Help!

There can be quite a few reasons for this to happen, but the most likely cause, if you’re running OS X Yosemite or earlier, it is a disk permissions error. Disk permissions are flags set for each item in the file system.

Launch Disk Utility (you will find it in the Utilities folder, which is found inside the Applications folder) and run its Repair Disk Permissions option. Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still will not open after the download! I have OS X El Capitan Version

If you go into Activity Monitor on your mac do you see either of these processes running? cardano-node or cardano-launcher ? After trying to open the application?

As Bullishdong mentioned, there are potentially many different causes, just trying to start with the basics.

No I don’t. when I open activity monitor it is a ever changing target, but
no cardano-node or cardan-launcher after i open daedalus. Also when I click
on the Daedadus app on my dock it does not show open.

Has this been resolved for you? I’m currently experiencing the same issue you described and am wondering how best to proceed.