DDR3 RAM For Stake Pool? + Multiple Relays In GLiveView Question

3 Questions:

1. When you have multiple relays, how do you confirm that they are successfully connecting with the BP? For example, if I had 4 relays would my Block Producer show as 4 in & 4 out on GLiveView peers count?

2. My current relay is connected to my Block Producer using private IP. If I have add a relay in a different geographical location, would I just change that relay’s topology to the public IP address where my BP is located?

3. Is DDR3 RAM enough to run stake pool nodes? I believe the answer is yes but I wanted to confirm before proceeding.

Thank you!

Hi,

1. When you have multiple relays, how do you confirm that they are successfully connecting with the BP? For example, if I had 4 relays would my Block Producer show as 4 in & 4 out on GLiveView peers count?

Exactly, 4OUT / 4IN ;
Or u can keep 2 relays private (unregistered) and u can have: Producer → private relays (2) → public relays (registered) → public network

1. My current relay is connected to my Block Producer using private IP. If I have add a relay in a different geographical location, would I just change that relay’s topology to the public IP address where my BP is located?

Yes, or u can use DNS instead of IP but u must have a DNS record for IPs

1. Is DDR3 RAM enough to run stake pool nodes? I believe the answer is yes but I wanted to confirm before proceeding.

More than enough, u will need at least 16G of RAM or 8G +6-8G SWAP FILE; next versions release will be optimized and should use less resources

Cheers,

1 Like

Cheers Alex! I really appreciate your response. Happy New Year! :partying_face:

Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR!