Published by the Cardano Foundation Community Team every two weeks, this Digest will provide you with news, updates and events about the project and ecosystem!
If you are interested in receiving the Community Digest in the future directly via email, please sign-up here!
The Cardano Foundation has recently published its response to the recommendations made by the Parameter Committee concerning updatable network parameter settings, as outlined in the Committee’s notes dated July 27, 2023.
The Cardano Foundation is in favor of respecting the decision resulting from the SPO poll and believes that the Parameter Committee’s recommendation for a staged implementation is reasonable. There is clear and outspoken support for the halving of minPoolCost as a first gradual step, followed by an evaluation of the effects and further adaptations in the third and fourth quarters of 2023.
For a more detailed understanding of the Cardano Foundation’s stance on the Parameter Committee’s recommendations, we encourage you to read through the response provided here.
The Cardano Summit and CV Labs launch Battle of the Builders, a special competition for all early-stage Cardano startups. Pitch your project in front of experts and get a chance to win prizes and secure access to exclusive accelerator programs. Submissions close 4 October 2023. For more information, read here.
Developer Blog Series: Adastat.net
In today’s Develop blog we take a look at AdaStat, a cutting-edge Cardano (ADA) Blockchain Explorer, crafted by active members of the Russian-speaking Cardano community. With AdaStat, you can effortlessly explore blocks, transactions, pools, addresses, accounts, epochs, and slots, including active epochs, created blocks, staking rewards, and more.
Some of AdaStat’s unique features include a versatile Chart Maker for custom graphics and a robust pool filter for refining pool searches based on parameters like pledge, delegators, and stake size. For deeper insights into this fascinating explorer, we highly recommend reading through this interview with the project’s co-founder and Lead Developer, Dmitry Stashenko @dmitry.stas
- The voting period for Catalyst Fund 10 has concluded. There were 406,092 votes cast out of a total of 57,118 registered wallets with a combined voting power of ₳4.487 billion, there were 406,092 votes cast. The official voting results are scheduled to be confirmed on September 21st, 2023. source
- CoinDesk announced as the Cardano Summit 2023 official media partner. source
- For the Cardano Summit 2023 you have the option to signup for an unforgettable networking and dining experience, ideal for deeper conversations in a more relaxed atmosphere. This event takes you away from the city and into the wondrous sand dunes of the Arabian Desert, giving you the opportunity to create shared experiences and build memories with other attendees. For more information and to signup click here
- The Cardano Summit 2023 app is coming soon! Gain access to exclusive content during the event and connect with like-minded attendees. source
- World Mobile’s telecom’s solution is a three node system and the EarthNode sits at the heart of it. But what is an EarthNode? source
- CEO of the Cardano Foundation, Frederik Gregaard, was quoted in a piece published by Watson on the future of blockchain companies in Switzerland. Gregaard notes that there will be a lot happening in the future of blockchain.
- In a post on X (formerly known as Twitter), Charles Hoskinson announced that the multi-delegation feature for Lace has been released. Since its introduction in April 2023, the Lace platform has gone through multiple upgrades, adding new features and thus improving usability.
Below are the most engaging topics on Reddit
- Thinking about Creating Beginner Tutorials in This Style. If there is legit Interest in it i will finish it
- Impressed with Cardano lately. Finally been using lace wallet and different DEXs and am very impressed how well things are working!
- Milkomeda releases new mainnet feature to allow sidechain & L2 dApps and users to keep earning their ADA staking rewards
- What is being done to prevent fraud and scams on Catalyst?
- How to start off in this Cardano world.
- Stake your ada across multiple pools, up to 5 currently, with Lace’s new multi-delegation feature (beta)!
- dcSpark releases a new tool that can automatically generate libraries for Cardano apps in just seconds
- DEMU - “Shopify for Musicians”, empowering them to become their own Music Platforms.
- Catalyst Proposal to Pay for Someones Masters Degree
The Cardano Foundation’s Response to the Parameter Committee Recommendation in PCP-001
Topics that have received the most clicks from external sources. (last 10 Days)
Other meetups around the world:
- 23 August 2023 | Pacific Town Hall - August 23, 2023 Meetup More Info
- 25 August 2023 | Empowering the Cardano Community in Africa: IdeaFest & Insight Sharing 2 (25th August). More Info
- 09 September 2023 | Cardano Eastern Townhall - Catalyst Explorer with Lidonation. More Info
Are you interested in attending CIP editor meetings? Join the Discord channel to learn more about this interesting community where ideas and recommended changes are all discussed.
Bi-weekly CIP Editor Meeting Summary:
This week, @RyanW gives us a glimpse of the most pressing matters:
- No new CIPs
- CIP Editors Meeting #73:
For a comprehensive breakdown and more details, please visit the Cardano Forum.
The Developer Portal was created to foster a home for developers who are dedicated to building tools and services on Cardano. The platform allows developers to not only collaborate on projects but also to showcase their works.
The Developer Portal aspires to become a credible source where users can search for tools to fit their needs.
Community projects already running on mainnet are encouraged to add their projects to the Developer Portal.
- Atlas: Atlas is an all-in-one, Haskell-native application backend for writing off-chain code for on-chain Plutus smart contracts.
- Yaci DevKit: Create your own local Cardano devnet with ease! It includes an Indexer, minimal Explorer interface, and support for Cardano Client Lib or Lucid JS library’s Blockfrost provider.
- MazzumaGPT: Generate smart contract code in Plutus using AI.
- Flint Wallet: Flint is a friendly go-to wallet for DeFi and NFTs. As a light wallet, Flint allows you to easily manage multiple assets from different chains in your browser.
We value your feedback, and would love to learn how you experienced reading our Community Digest. Please take a few seconds to provide feedback:
Many thanks, and greetings from the Community Team!