For those still on testnet: we can collaborate here

https://cardano-foundation.gitbook.io/stake-pool-course/reference/shelley-genesis

If you really want to understand Cardano network/blockchain, what better way than to actually build one?
I haven’t looked at beyond the title, but I wonder if this blockchain is pre-configured or if it gives you total freedom, like to mess around with the amount of fake-ADA and the various parameters.

I haven’t looked at it yet - too busy trying to get this $&#**^% testnet pool up and running.

I’m reading the spiel you sent me and it looks fairly complicated. Even more than the rest! Let’s be utterly honest here, it is going over my head! Lol

I think I gotto go and do some other things now. I’ll touch base with you later.

I’ve sent a ticket to the foundation with a few questions about testnet, will let you know what they say.

Night night

Anyway, it’s late…cya to tomorrow, Adrem… :slight_smile:
I’m basically here everyday, until and even after I get mainnet nodes up and running.
Even though I lack the IT background, I really want to succeed with stake pool because it’s still very early days for blockchain…don’t want to miss out like I did on .com boom, but more than that I really believe in this tech to change the world for better, if the politicians, regulations don’t get in the way.

ah ah ah! that was gold, sorry mate, I name my nodes! So Frank is my node in Frankfurt, which is connected to yours in FL (I’ve named it Scarface).

1 Like

lol…yeah, say hello to my little friend! Scarface makes sense if you’re running nodes on laptops.

I had an issue yesterday with ubuntu power save mode on my laptop, even though I started the build as a server and added desktop support later.

Now I might be having the same issue with the relay which is console-only server…I find it hard to believe my laptops are shutting down after installing ubuntu servers on them - maybe it’s something that’s automatic, if this system detects you have a screen regardless if it’s a console-only or desktop GUI…a bare metal server doesn’t have a screen,so maybe ubuntu picks up on that…I don’t know…but there’s a sleep-issue on my console node which causes disconnections.

At least the daedalus testnet wallet is doing better today up to 99.68% synced, but stuck at that value, so close, but so far away. :frowning:
daedalus wallet still having syncing issues…it’s actually snycing backwards…it’s down to 99.67%…the same thing happened yesterday, the “backwards sync”.

We can’t do anything tonight either…the wallet is dead.

Hey mate,

Not sure if this helps for your disconnection on sleep issue:

There may be other ways in systemd to force awake or disregard screen status.

As to Daedalus, yep, same here. I am still waiting for IOHKs reply. In the meantime I have clean uninstalled Daedalus and will reinstall later. If this fixes the issue I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Thanks…I don’t know what the issue is…maybe it’s just an anomaly. It was running 15 hours before that without issues, but I was also spending a lot of time working on both nodes. Maybe they didn’t have enough time to go into sleep mode.

I’m sort of tired of testnet…too many issues…I think I would rather open a mainnet pool…one with low pledge and high margin 100% for practice…doesn’t matter if I lose money…at least it will work. Once I get proficient on that one…I can maybe re-register under different name, IP, etc., and if not, just unregister that one and start a new pool…this testnet is killing me.

lol…the test wallet is actually “backwards-syncing”…it’s down to 99.66%. Weird, same thing happened yesterday.

I’ll send in a support ticket, but if testnet has basically been abandoned, I think it might be better to just practice on mainnet with minimal pledge and 100% margin.

Thanks for lending a hand with the posted link. What about your wallet…are you able to sync?
If you’re stuck as well…what percentage are you at? Are you getting “backwards snycing” as well?

Last i had a look it was stuck at 99.69. I think it goes backwards because the chain keeps growing.

I will reinstall shortly and let know if it fixes it. I still think the amount of txns on testnet is really unusual. I have no idea how to explain it, but I think the two observations are related. Testnet epoch 84 already has over 800 txns and it’s 10% in.

1 Like

I already tried the reinstall…no effect…I’ll try rebooting the computer. Maybe is a type of internal (to Cardano network) DOS or DDOS attack, to keep others from connecting…after all…it’s only tADA…there is no real value at stake, but 800 Txs wouldn’t do that. More likely is an external (D)DOS attack I suppose…how decentralized is the testnet? Gonna reboot…brb.

Got the following ips for relays-new.cardano-testnet.iohkdev.io:
Name: relays-new.cardano-testnet.iohkdev.io
Address: 54.241.77.32
Address: 54.248.196.117
Address: 3.9.80.183
Address: 3.129.133.68
Address: 54.151.49.138
Address: 13.250.156.57
Address: 54.250.11.33
Address: 18.159.64.253

Only 8 servers at most…don’t know how many of them are active…they can’t be pinged…even the ones I’m connected to…and I’m not going to use nmap to see how many could be online…lol

Anyway, that mainnet idea is starting to look better each day; i.e., just practice on mainnet. Much less effort involved I would suppose. I know external DDOS attack is less likely than wallet issues, which sorta makes me think that they have abandoned maintaining the testnet because mainnet wallet doesn’t have those issues. There’s no need for them to maintain testnet network anymore - they already have more than 1,000 registered pools, with the majority of them producing few if any block per epoch.
That’s likely the reason they want to raise the k value so soon…they don’t want to lose the pools that have invested a lot of time, but can’t afford to stay online, by forcing delegates of saturated pools to move to less used pools, thus decreasing the number of “trained on testnet” SPOs that they’ll lose over time if k remains low too long.
I think a number of delegates don’t care…they are either “brand” loyal or just busy with other things. Let’s see what happens when k value gets raised.

Getting late again here, Adrem. Let’s see if tomorrow bring us more luck. cya :slight_smile: