Google play store Daedalus

Something like this should be standard: https://www.ngrave.io/

Unfortunately, it doesn’t support ADA afaik.

End-users should not know about private keys other than making their metal backup once and then split up the pieces in two locations. There are too many possibilities for it to go wrong at the moment. I do think that at some point, custodians will be more trusted to centrally manage financials like banks centrally do. You don’t have to use it, but if you’re unsure about your own capabilities, then you might want to.

CH has some ideas: https://youtu.be/K3l3_SAGXEE?t=889

1 Like

Awesome! That’s that I’m asking for, surfacing this issue and see if we can find a solution.

Other hardware wallets like Trezor and Ledger do support ADA.

Yes, but if you’ll look more into ngrave, you’ll see it’s a step further from the other wallets and provides more usability to the average user.

1 Like

Anyone that has been affected by the Google play store daedalus Fake App.
There is a class action lawsuit against google for verifying the fake app.
We need all the people that have fallen victim to this scam.
My twitter is @Josh88065262.
Please get in touch!

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/ChrtyPool/status/1371345287843840003?s=20

1 Like

Hi josh Ive been scammed by this fake app in February aswell, how can i help with the class action lawsuit ?

Hi Josh. I was scammed too. I would like to join the class action too?

Hi, Can I join to? I got scam in this way 2!

Unfortunately I have learned today that I was also scammed using this fake deadalus wallet app which was on the google store. Lost over 2k ADA. I checked again today and thankfully the app has been removed, however I’m sure it won’t be long before another one crops up. Be careful people! @joshADA1 is there any further updates on the class action against google?

Hej James,
I got scammed too and lost 1,004 ADA. I heard there is a class action lawsuit against the Google Play Store, but I can not find the link. do you have any info about that?

Hey Tony,

I can’t find anything on it, and I messaged the guy who was meant to be leading the class action and heard nothing back so I doubt it’s progressed any further than the initial talk on the thread.

After sending emails, and writing letters I’ve now resigned myself to the fact that I’m not going to get anywhere with Google. They’ve passed on taking any responsibility despite it clearly being negligent behaviour that led to this. I could sue them in the UK but even if I won I wouldn’t be able to make a claim against their assets in the US (the US entity runs t play store). I’m afraid its extremely unlikely we will get any compensation from Google.

As a last ditch attempt to simply raise awareness I’ve starting sending emails to journalists hoping they pick up the story which would put pressure on Google to improve their internal control processes.

Best
James

I downloaded Doedalus wallet from Google Play. Went through the procedure to restore my Daedalus Wallet. And I lost 31,855 ADA plus 192,155 DANA tokens. This is Fraud. Can’t Cardano help??? What about GOOGLE PLAY??? This is ridiculous people!!!

sorry for your lost, but the transaction is not reversible :frowning: so no one can help u… now can u share one of your wallet address? DANA can be sell only on gate.io and mexc … if he sent the DAnA to the exchange perhaps the police can identify him

That’s a lot of money for me, 30,855.822881 ADA stolen. It makes me sick at my stomach.

addr1qxxjrlkvjd9ts84wp4qmw5x3u2d4z00nq8cxnt289rklkpnhv92vhr2zkdddrl2cjh7yx5rxml4auvnhtcx2n9frnfcsg7scz4

Doesn’t Google Play vet their Apps for Android download??? This is terrible. Why doesn’t Cardano hold Google Play responsible for this? this is not the first time Google Play hasn’t done anything to ensure that they don’t have fraudulent apps! Is Cardano just going to sit back and let it’s holders continually get ripped off???

That’s horrible David… If you are in the US, maybe report it here. What To Know About Cryptocurrency and Scams | Consumer Advice

Also, as Alex suggested you may have a chance if they try to sell your Dana to Gate.io, MEXC or BitMart. Contact those exhanges ASAP, let them know the wallet addresses of the scammers and hopefully they can freeze their funds, and report the case to the authorities if they did a KYC. It’s a long shot but worth trying

1 Like