Greetings from CF's Director of Global PR, Communications and Marketing

Hello everyone! Bakyt here. I have joined the Cardano Foundation in May 2019 to lead the integrated global public relations, communications and marketing function. I am based in London, a city I have called home for 14 years. My main priority is to raise the Foundation’s profile through robust communications strategy and lead a team of talented individuals with whom we will further drive the community adoption of Cardano. You can read the formal appointment release (and other official announcements from the Foundation) here.

Together with my team, we work on initiatives to increase brand awareness and strengthen our position in the industry. We have lots of projects ahead of us and most of them require time and hard work. Therefore, patience, perseverance, enthusiasm and diligence are key. My team and our community are extremely diverse in all senses—different viewpoints, genders, cultural backgrounds and so on—making inclusiveness a paramount.

Some of you might already know that I came to the Cardano Foundation from EY. At former Ernst & Young, I led media relations of the global Strategy and Transactions practice focusing on mergers and acquisitions, divestments and private equity. Before joining the corporate world, I spent years as a journalist across broadcast, newswire and print publications and covered debt capital markets, equities, derivatives, structured finance, economy and science. My experience in journalism—besides interviewing some historical figures—helped me in the corporate world more than I give it a credit for.

While I have heard a lot about blockchain at EY, I did not really have a blockchain experience until a few years ago. Here is what happened. I was on vacation reading Chingiz Aitmatov’s Cassandra’s Mark by the beach when my phone rang. A colleague in New York asked if I can lead the communications strategy for “a major blockchain solution for a major client”. I agreed without asking any questions.

After hanging up, I received a 6,000-word technical manual on what this solution offers and how it works. (Really?!) The catch was that this has been in the works for five months and I only had three weeks to come up with a strategy and implement it. To make matters complicated, there were seven other companies involved. Long story short, the launch went successful and I have learned a great deal about blockchain and a 400-year old marine insurance sector.

It was Insurwave, the world’s first blockchain platform for marine insurance industry, and is currently in commercial use by Maersk (Mærsk A/S).

Working in collaboration with our strategic partners – EMURGO and IOHK, I hope to build-on to the success already achieved and help bring Cardano to enterprises for commercial use as well and add value in line with our vision. In addition to businesses, we hope to make Cardano a blockchain for the nations and that journey has already begun.

Besides work, I enjoy travelling, reading and, occasionally, cooking. I equally enjoy a beach vacation or a city trip as well as camping in a yurt high up in the Kyrgyz mountains drinking mare’s fermented milk. I love books, programmes and films about space. I think our Universe is fascinating beyond our comprehension. While I do not cook often, I like preparing Dymdama – with lots and lots of spices – when I have time. For anyone interested in cooking this gastronomical pyramid – a typical Central Asian dish, click here for the recipe. As a kid, I dreamed of becoming a cardio surgeon and treat everyone. That is all about me in a nutshell.

Oh, and to put the age-related discussions to bed, I was born in 1983.

Best,

Bakyt

40 Likes

:rofl: Thank you Bakyt! I’m 30 years older but I have no doubt you are old enough! :smile:

5 Likes

It is all about the perspective :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome introduction @Bakyt_CF :smiley:
Welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Katta rahmat, @SeanAlimov!

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Bakyt_CF. Looking forward to seeing the Cardano Foundation play a more prominent role in the larger overall project.

3 Likes

Thank you, @phil.lewis!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. In the months ahead, will your team be assisting to prioritize the “lots of projects ahead of us” ? Let the forum know if you need help with project prioritization.

As a Foundation, I think it would be great if the community could help with the refinement of the purpose, principles and priorities of Cardano.

All the best @Bakyt_CF

3 Likes

Thank you, @Adam_Parish!
Yes, the team will be working on various projects. I will certainly let the Forum know as and when we need help. It is very kind of you! In line with our transparency principles, we will do our utmost to keep the community timely updated.

5 Likes

Thank you Bakyt and welcome :clap:t2:

2 Likes

if you ever need memes hot and ready, we are here to fill any order! while i know memes are not for the upper crust of the PR world, they have a genuine place in any established sub-culture, well beyond what a dollar can buy.

*hint, hint * CARDANO MEME CONTEST - VOTE FOR YOUR WINNERS! VOTE early, vote often (by telling a friend about it!)

… and a warm :cardano: WELCOME :cardano: to Cardano!

4 Likes

Welcome Bakyt! I also am looking forward to seeing the foundation grow in the coming months and years. Please let us know if you need anything as you settle in.

3 Likes

Thank you, @DarfADA!

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome, @qardano! To be honest, I do like a good meme, especially the ones that make you think I didn’t know that. Wow! I’ll definitely vote for my favourite meme.

1 Like

Thank you, @Donnybaseball! I appreciate the welcome and an offer of a helping hand.

1 Like

Welcome Bakyt, very much looking forward to what you can bring to the project.

2 Likes

Thank you, @rjmcoin!

1 Like

welcome, cant wait to see what happens next

2 Likes

Welcome and good luck !

2 Likes

That’s two questions of my list. Thank you for that informative introduction. Welcome and we wish you the best!

2 Likes