How do I run a fullnode that can validate the protocol?

I would like to run a fullnode that synchronises with the mainnet.

I have installed cardano-sl but it doesn’t seem obvious to me how I would synchronise it with the mainnet.

Furthermore, I would like to know where I can find more information on the upgrade to PoS?

Moreover, how is Cardano currently secured, is it through PoA, PoW, a central server or an ERC20 token?

From a developer site, I would like to know where I can find the testnet on which beta features are tested and where I can test the feature set of Cardano.

Lastly, what is the feature set that Cardano offers? Can I deploy smart contracts on it, or does it offer shared security similar to Polkadot or interoperability like Cosmos? Does it have any on-chain governance system?

Also, is there a public chat room where developers and validators hang out?

Kind regards!

You may have a better luck getting a faster response here : t.me/CardanoDevelopersOfficial

I would like to run a fullnode that synchronises with the mainnet.

Depends on use case, the easiest way for an ‘end user’ for this would be running Daedalus. If you need to interact with node , you can use pre-compiled or built cardano-sl which would run cardano node as well. See instructions here

Furthermore, I would like to know where I can find more information on the upgrade to PoS?
Moreover, how is Cardano currently secured, is it through PoA, PoW, a central server or an ERC20 token?

Start here

From a developer site, I would like to know where I can find the testnet on which beta features are tested and where I can test the feature set of Cardano.

Testnet site

Lastly, what is the feature set that Cardano offers? Can I deploy smart contracts on it, or does it offer shared security similar to Polkadot or interoperability like Cosmos? Does it have any on-chain governance system?

You would be able to navigate and find most of these information from cardanodocs, but the more generic and wide questions that you will need to read a bit on to find your answers will be spread across various links from here.
Also, note that the project is built from scratch and not copied/built on existing codebase (no, it was never a ERC20 token). The progress of the features and various phases can be found by visting the roadmap

is there a public chat room where developers and validators hang out?

Forum and Telegram group

Depends on use case, the easiest way for an ‘end user’ for this would be running Daedalus. If you need to interact with node , you can use pre-compiled or built cardano-sl which would run cardano node as well. See instructions here

It shows how to build the binaries from source, but how do I start a node that connects to the mainnet. What is the command to start the fullnode once the binary is built.

Start here

It says what Cardano wants to be but it doesn’t provide any specifics on how validators get selected, incentivised or punished. How does the ADA token play into the security of the network?

Testnet site

This site only describes how I can use Daedalus, the wallet, against a testnet. How do I deploy a fullnode that validates the economic protocol and provides the security guarantees? What node does Daedalus connect to and how do I change it to my own personal fullnode?

Thank you for the link to the Telegram group :slight_smile:

1 Like

It shows how to build the binaries from source, but how do I start a node that connects to the mainnet. What is the command to start the fullnode once the binary is built.

Isnt this what you are looking for?
SNP1548813261

It says what Cardano wants to be but it doesn’t provide any specifics on how validators get selected, incentivised or punished. How does the ADA token play into the security of the network?

Its a start point :slight_smile: the wiki would have links to various papers depending on your specific query

This site only describes how I can use Daedalus, the wallet, against a testnet. How do I deploy a fullnode that validates the economic protocol and provides the security guarantees? What node does Daedalus connect to and how do I change it to my own personal fullnode?

Daedalus installer you mention includes a full cardano node.You can connect your cardano-sl to testnet as well as shown here