How to change pool fees?

I know there are multiple threads on this, but they are scant on details and as I understand it there may be new methods available… so:

When I registered my pool, I made a mistake and set my fees too high. I want to lower my fees, but I’m not sure of how to do it. I don’t want to pay another 500 ADA to start over.

I regenerated my pool cert with the new fees, but not sure of next steps. Can someone give me a basic run-down of how to do this? I would really appreciate it.

Could you specify which step is not clear? thx

Thank you for your reply. I did all that and I’m getting this weird error when I submit the transaction:

Shelley command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ApplyTxError [LedgerFailure (UtxowFailure (UtxoFailure (ValueNotConservedUTxO (DeltaCoin 2096421302) (DeltaCoin 2596421302))))]

I’ve spent hours googling this ValueNotConservedUTxO error, but there is very, very little documentation on it. IOHK’s docs merely say to “Check that Input amounts = Output amounts”. Well, how am I supposed to do that? What does it even mean?

I’m trying to avoid having to retire my pool and having to pay another registration fee, but so far, really struggling. All help deeply appreciated.

please provide the tx-out and tx-in when you create the transaction - i think you just miscalculate the amount

The tx-in amount is 2677700273 and the tx-out amount is 2677500232, which is the in amount minus the fee. But for those input and output amounts, it comes back with a TX error:

Shelley command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ApplyTxError [LedgerFailure (UtxowFailure (UtxoFailure (ValueNotConservedUTxO (DeltaCoin **2677700273**) (DeltaCoin **3177700273**))))]

Note that the second DeltaCoin value is exactly 500,000,000 lovelace greater than the first - that’s the pool registration fee. But I’m not registering; I’m just changing my margin. More, that value was not even in my tx in or out - I literally have no idea where it came from.

This feels like a bug in cardano_node 1.25.1.

I’ve submitted an issue on cardano_node for 1.25.1 - we’ll see what they come back with.