How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

Hi Alex

Its Testnet is there anywhere we can download the db ?

Which Typology file exactly and what extra servers do you suggest thanks

Aaa if it is in testnet should sync faster, wait more hours or add more servers (closer to ur location) inside topology file and restart the node

The testnet list

https://explorer.cardano-testnet.iohkdev.io/relays/topology.json

Cheers,

i’ve been battling with sync on a new relay node since the 10th…
and now my bp node also started losing its sync with the network…

ok, details please… how many relays do u have? If u have more synced nodes u can copy the db and it will be much faster than downloading from the network

to accomplish that on your new relay:

• start the node
  • go to db folder ( cd $CNODE_HOME/db)
  • ls -l (here u should see 3 folders ledger, volatile and immutable)
  • from db server connect to ur synced node via sftp
    sftp -P xxxx user@Relay_IP where xxxx is the ssh port of the remote (synced) node, user is the ssh username and Relay_IP is the Relay IP
  • once u are connected to the remote (synced) node navigate to db folder cd /opt/cardano/cnode/db
  • ls -l here u should see the ledger, immutable, volatile folders
  • download each folder with command get -R ledger wait to finish then get -R immutable and get -R volatile
  • wait to finish the diwnload and close the session exit
  • now start again the node and check glive
  • if all steps were performed well the node should start in ~8-10 min

Cheers,

Hi @Alexd1985 ,
I’m followed this tutorial to setup my pool. It’s running for 3 epochs till now. But I’ve a big problem here, all my node can’t run any command for cardano-cli. Output always: cardano-cli: Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 11>: does not exist (Connection refused) but the node still running and synced.

I’ve already export the socket path to .bashrc

I have 2 relays that you can see they’re connected to my BP already. I’m very appreciated for your help. Thanks

1 Like

the correct/complet path /opt/cardano/cnode/sockets/node0.socket if I remeber well (please check inside the socket folder how the file is named)

and don’t run 1.35.0… it was deprecated due to bugs… use 1.34.1 the latest official version released or 1.35.2 the version which is in tests for vasil HF

https://forum.cardano.org/t/script-for-cardano-node-software-upgrade-cntools-users/91065

That correct and now it’s working, but another problem when I query for leadership-schedule. My node was killed and restarted after that:

journalctl -e -f -u cnode result:

After crashed, look like my node can’t start with new socket path :frowning:
What can I do? Thanks

ok, type free -m to check the RAM

for leaderlog u will need ~24G RAM but u can use also a SWAPfile

the node will start don’t worry

More than 30 mins and still starting status. Do I need to switch back my socket path to the old one?

I have configured swap file but the node is not syncing so a lot of memory still available.

Not enough RAM

U can restart the server

Now it’s stuck at “starting” even I have changed to the old configuration. Restarted 2 times.
I also got this logs from GCP serial console:

Jul 28 08:00:49 core cnode-submit-api[48572]: #033[31mLooks like cardano-node is running with socket-path as #033[94m/opt/cardano/cnode/sockets/node0.socket#033[31m, but the actual socket file does not exist.
Jul 28 08:00:49 core cnode-submit-api[48572]: This could occur if the node hasnt completed startup or if a second instance of node startup was attempted!
Jul 28 08:00:49 core cnode-submit-api[48572]: If this does not resolve automatically in a few minutes, you might want to restart your node and try again.#033[0m
Jul 28 08:00:49 core cnode-submit-api[48678]: TERM environment variable not set.
Jul 28 08:00:49 core cnode-submit-api[48572]: ERROR: Could not locate socket file at /opt/cardano/cnode/sockets/node0.socket, the node may not have completed startup !!
Jul 28 08:00:49 core systemd[1]: cnode-submit-api.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jul 28 08:00:49 core systemd[1]: cnode-submit-api.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Jul 28 08:00:54 core systemd[1]: cnode-submit-api.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 194.
Jul 28 08:00:54 core systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano Node Submit API.
Jul 28 08:00:54 core systemd[1]: Started Cardano Node Submit API.

What service is this?
Please downgrade to 1.34.1

Thanks Alex that’s a real help again, there was only on listed in the topology file for some reason ???

i got one working relay and two more i’ve been trying to get operational, still testing and tinkering to figure out exactly what i need to make this run flawlessly…
ill try out the db copy tomorrow.

seems like i may have gotten it working again… no clue why… ran prereq.sh and deploy-as-systemd.sh
just not the first time it losses sync, for no apparent reason and then after lots of tinkering … it just starts working again… done tinkering with that for the next long while lol…
not going to shut that down before i updated to 1.50.x

Which version are u using? 1.35.x?

Hi <@&862727100268413008>! :wave:

Thanks to the community, we were able to identify an issue with the recent ledger update in the Vasil hard fork release candidate, 1.35.0. It meant that when the node is running in the Babbage era and shuts down, it would need to re-sync from genesis if the snapshots are from the Babbage era.

This has now been fixed and we have tagged a release 1.35.1 which will be fully regression tested over the coming days.

If you’re currently running 1.35.0 on testnet then please upgrade to 1.35.1 as soon as you can. If you would like to upgrade to 1.35.1 on mainnet now, please feel free to do so, but please do watch out for any future releases prior to the hard fork.

and

Hey SPOs! :wave:

This week, the IOG team has tagged a maintenance release node 1.35.2 for use on testnet ONlY. To be clear, this does not yet have an official release and should NOT be used on mainnet.

If you’re currently using version 1.35.0 or 1.35.1 on the Cardano mainnet - and a small number of you are - we strongly recommend you roll back to 1.34.1 until the final Vasil release candidate is announced. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on progress.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support :pray:

Hi Alex after 3.5 hours the relay status in LiveView says starting is this normal and is there a way to get it to start any quicker ?

i’m using 1.34.1…
didn’t last long it working… now it’s not synced again…
found this error in my logs… maybe its a network issue…
Socket.recvBuf: resource vanished (Connection reset by peer))

which reminds me i think i may have forgotten to change my nic buffer to 4096 after my last server reboot, maybe that will fix it… its odd tho because the relay works fine…

which also suggest that it has something to do with the connection between the relay and the bp

Add the iohk servers inside the topology file and check again…

wrote it wrong in the topology.json and that seemed to break the cnode.sh script execution…
and now its totally dead lol…

i don’t think the json files are isolated variables but actually part of a script somewhere, tsk tsk… cardano really needs better programmers.

this is exactly why i initially wanted to look into running multiple BP nodes working as one…
i mean this would be totally unacceptable if i had any delegators :smiley:

of course… if the topology file contains wrong values … the node will not start… did u figure it out?