How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

I started with that hw configuration but now I have 15$ plan/server ; u can start with 2nd plan because now the number of transaction has increased

@Alexd1985 - thanks for the guide. Considering setting up a pool and I am located in the US in the midwest. What is your recommended provider and plan? I plan on being in this for the long haul so want to do it right.

1 Like

Gr8t work @Alexd1985 and awesome contribution to the community

1 Like

U can start with Contabo provider; cheap plan and good services… u can start with 15$/server (has good hw configuration and also the transactions are growing and u need to be prepare)

Thank you. Appreciate the guidance.

1 Like

Interesting. The prices look very compelling using Contabo. I am considering using Azure, but consider their price difference I am reconsidering. Curious. Any other reason other than the price you went with Contabo other than Azure, AWS or Google?

U can use 2 providers… depending of ur buget…

I haven’t tried this tutorial yet, as I am currently working through another version but if I continue to encounter issues, your tutorial will be my next option

1 Like

I can’t believe. I was fighting and learning for 2 weeks how to do it, watching youtube videos and your tutorial was just cherry on top. Everything in one place and on point. Thank you so much.

If anyone would like to support a new pool that would be amazing. Ticker is: [₳CROP]

@Alexd1985 I’m so thankfull. You are amazing.

5 Likes

@Alexd1985 Amazing writeup!

Question around the wallet that was set up as new on the server. If the server crashes or your data/backups are lost, can this wallet be imported or recovered into Daedalus?

Wow, good question; I think I saw something to generate a seed words for the wallet; I will test it tomorrow and I will let u know; this is an excelent ideea !

Awesome, thanks Alex! Super helpful as always!

2 Likes

I think I have your answer… you can create the wallet in daedalus and restore it on server :wink: (this way you will have the seed words for restore)
I can’t test it right now because I need to update my nodes, but I will test it and let you know

Great thanks Alex, I noticed the wallet import as well but it would be interesting to know if you could restore a CLI created wallet.

Also, how often are you updating? Is there a schedule you follow? And is it simply as easy as selecting update in cntools?

ok, you asked if a cli wallet can be restored in daedalus ? Could be possible with the new feature of Daedalus 3.3.0 (importing file); But in your scenario all files are lost… so without a mnemonic phrase or files I think it is impossible
I didn’t test it because for the moment I can’t install a Daedalus wallet on my PC.

I’m updating my nodes only when a new version is released, it’s simple but the node needs to be built again :slight_smile:

alex, we will test this in 2 days :wink:

1 Like

@Alexd1985 - couple of questions. What linux distribution did you use when setting up your pool? Also, does the pledge matter other than attracting people to your pool? I understand the basic fees. Thx

I installed on:

• ubuntu 18.04
  • ubuntu 20.04

I think yes, the pledge give more trust to delegators but it’s not a rule; What I can tell you after 6 month (my opinion) is that most of delegators don’t care about the pool, the project, etc they just open the wallet and choose to delegate with big pools… because they don’t make any research before, are looking only for big numbers like blocks, rank, etc;
They don’t understand that on long-term all pools will provide the same ~5-5,5% rewards
In conclusion you need to work hard to make your pool known, to spend hours on social media (youtube, twitter, etc); Repeat, this is just my opinion;

1 Like

Thanks Alex. I don’t know how hard I want to work at attracting a lot of people. I am very interested in learning about how it all works and honestly, your write up makes it appear possible. I have owned ADA for a couple of years and just want to invest in the project. I am sure that I will be asking more questions.

1 Like

@Alexd1985 - Can the 3 nodes be installed on 1 VPS? 2 relays and 1 producer.