How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

Sudo systemctl status cnode

gliveview is working after epoch 213 on my BP! I guess i should be a little more patient with my relay. Thanks Alex. You’re the man!

1 Like

hi Alex, I’m used the same tutorial for migrating my BP to another VPS. everything sounds good but I have this problem in not processing any transactions! Thats bad for sure but still didn’t understand what’s going on. checked ports and firewall they all opened in the ports 6000 and 3001 but still no processing tx’s

Check the configuration file

U should have TraceMempool= true not false

Hello!

Wonderful guide, thank you. I left the CNODE ports the default (6000). I’m attempting to attach the nodes to each other. I’m on the Producer step, using the below script (with my relay node’s IP address in the Relay IP Address spot). After running this, I am not finding the Relay node in gLiveView. Am I supposed to be using port 22 or something else?

cd $CNODE_HOME/files
nano topology.json
{
β€œProducers”: [
{
β€œaddr”: β€œRelay IP Address”,
β€œport”: 6000,
β€œvalency”: 1
}
]
}

Did u opened in relay the cnode port (6000) to allow connections from any?

Try from Producer

telnet Relay_IP 6000

U should see connected…

Also, did u restarted the Producer after u added the Relay? And one more thing… are both nodes fully synced?

Thank you for the quick reply. Producer was restarted after the Relay was added. Both nodes fully synced. I think I butchered something after the first attempt. There’s no bandwidth in/out of my Producer now.
Telnet RelayIP said connection refused
Telnet RelayIP:6000 said Name or service not known
Should the following be left in the topology.json for Producer? I deleted it while trying to troubleshoot initially:

{
β€œProducers”: [
{
β€œaddr”: β€œrelays-new.cardano-mainnet.iohk.io”,
β€œport”: 3001,
β€œvalency”: 2
}
]
}

Replace Relay_IP with the Relay ipv4 address
try in Relay

sudo ufw status

do u have the port 6000 opened for any?

Still could not resolve :frowning:
I have the firewall turned off (Status:inactive).
Do you have Discord by chance? I imagine I’m missing something really easy, hate to take up space on your official thread for my beginner problems haha.

Yes, the address from cntools shows the amount on cardanoscan.io but I still cannot use this amount to register my pool since in CNTools it still shows 0 ada and I get the following error message: ERROR: no funds available in base address for wallet ****, needed to pay for registration fee.

By the way the node does not sync. It is stuck to epoch 0. Where do we go from here?

It is stucked, did u updated recently or is the forst time when u are trying to sync?

No, I have updated a few times… I was synced in the past

Sudo systemctl status cnode

Can u share the glive status?

I am having problems connecting my Relay and BP as well.

this is relay seems to be good accept no In Peers
Relay > Cardano Node - (Relay - Mainnet) : 1.26.2 [3531289c] <
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Uptime: 00:54:38 β”‚ Port: 1217 β”‚ Guild LiveView v1.20.6 β”‚
β”‚------------------------└────────────┴─────────────────────────
β”‚ Epoch 263 [59.7%] (node) β”‚
β”‚ 2d 00:20:28 until epoch boundary (chain) β”‚
β”‚ β–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ–Œβ––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β–– β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ Block : 5671764 Tip (ref) : 28510772 β”‚
β”‚ Slot : 257970 Tip (node) : 28510770 β”‚
β”‚ Density : 4.900 Tip (diff) : 2 :slight_smile: β”‚
β”‚--------------------------------------------------------------β”‚
β”‚ Processed TX : 0 Out / In β”‚
β”‚ Mempool TX/Bytes : 0 / 0 Peers : 15 0 β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
TG Announcement/Support channel: t.me/guild_operators_official

[esc/q] Quit | [i] Info | [p] Peer Analysis

And this is my BP. Weird as it was fully synced before and since trying to link to my relay … its just stuck on starting… and epoch is 0. :frowning:

> Cardano Node - (Relay - Mainnet) : 1.26.2 [3531289c] <

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Uptime: 00:49:46 β”‚ Port: 1214 β”‚ Guild LiveView v1.20.6 β”‚
β”‚ Epoch 0 [0.0%] (node) β”‚
β”‚ 2d 00:17:29 until epoch boundary (chain) β”‚
β”‚ β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β–– β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ Block : 0 Tip (ref) : 28510951 β”‚
β”‚ Slot : 0 Tip (node) : 0 β”‚
β”‚ Density : 0.0 Status : starting… β”‚
β”‚ Mempool TX/Bytes : 0 / 0 Peers : 0 0 β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜

[esc/q] Quit | [i] Info | [p] Peer Analysis

I should also add currently my BP is in my house and trying to connect to a relay that is hosted in the cloud.

But if u type from ur Producer

telnet Relay_IP Relay-cnodeport

What is the output? U should see connected

Also, if u type top the CPU is 100%?

telnet from my producer : telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
cpu usage with top is 1.4 us

Ok, check the port on relay (if it is opened to accept incoming connections)… also the relay is symced or up and running?

cnode.service - Cardano Node
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/cnode.service; enabled; vendor preset:>
Active: active (running) since Mon 2021-05-03 19:31:34 UTC; 11h ago
Main PID: 256005 (cnode.sh)
Tasks: 11 (limit: 4682)
Memory: 2.8G
CGroup: /system.slice/cnode.service
β”œβ”€256005 /bin/bash /opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/cnode.sh
└─256095 cardano-node run --topology /opt/cardano/cnode/files/topo>

May 03 19:31:34 producer systemd[1]: cnode.service: Killing process 255897 (car>
May 03 19:31:34 producer systemd[1]: cnode.service: Failed with result 'timeout>
May 03 19:31:34 producer systemd[1]: Stopped Cardano Node.
May 03 19:31:34 producer systemd[1]: Started Cardano Node.
May 03 19:31:36 producer cnode[256095]: Listening on [http://127.0.0.1:12798](http://127.0.0.1:12798)

Cardano Node - (Relay - Mainnet) : 1.26.2 [62f38470] <
β”‚ Uptime: 11:23:04 β”‚ Port: 6001 β”‚ Guild LiveView v1.20.6 β”‚
β”‚ Epoch 0 [0.0%] (node) β”‚
β”‚ 1d 14:50:10 until epoch boundary (chain) β”‚
β”‚ β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β––β–– β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ Block : 0 Tip (ref) : 28544990 β”‚
β”‚ Slot : 0 Tip (node) : 0 β”‚
β”‚ Density : 0.0 Status : starting... β”‚
β”‚ Mempool TX/Bytes : 0 / 0 Peers : 0 0 β”‚

telnet from my producer : telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

that’s why the Producer doesn’t start… it doesn’t have the connectivity with the Relay
also I see that the Relay has a different Revision number on glive

u must rebuild the Relay

meantime u can start the Producer by adding in topology file:

{

"Producers": [
    {
      "addr": "relays-new.cardano-mainnet.iohk.io",
      "port": 3001,
      "valency": 2
    }
  ]
}