How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

nano cnode.sh

I still don’t see it in there.

Do I add : CPU_CORES=4 # Number of CPU cores cardano-node process has access to (please don’t set higher than physical core count, 2-4 recommended)

to the place holder spot?

You don’t see it because u didn’t updated the scripts
or let me check if that option was removed

Wasn’t

PS: the new scripts will run with 1.32.1 version

i’m on 8.6.5

How do I update the scripts?

mkdir “$HOME/tmp”;cd “$HOME/tmp”
curl -sS -o prereqs.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cardano-community/guild-operators/master/scripts/cnode-helper-scripts/prereqs.sh
chmod 700 prereqs.sh
./prereqs.sh -f

U should already have the prereqs.sh script
just run it
./prereqs.sh

if u run with -f u will need to edit again topology file (for Producer), topologyUpdater (for Relays), env file and cncli file (for Producer)

1 Like

Still not there after the update.

type ls -l

the scripts were upgraded? Check the date

Ok, then try with prereqs.sh -f
but after this operation edit again

• Producer only
    topology file
    cncli.sh file

• Producer + Relay
    env file

• Relay only
    topologyUpdater.sh

PS: u can find the settings on old files which will be backed as filename_bkpxxx

for cncli and topology file (Producer) u can use

mv topology.json_bkpxxxx topology.json
same for cncli

1 Like

Alex thanks so much for your help! I don’t recall ever editing the cncli.sh file. Should I make changes to it? Also I was not aware that there were update to the scripts. Is this not normally done through cntools? How to i ensure that this stays up to date?

ok, u must edit it in case u want to send statistics to pooltool

from time to time the scripts are updated (the env and glive make a precheck for new versions available…)

anyway, are u able to see now that option in cnode.sh?

1 Like

Yes the options were there after prereqs.sh -f . Thanks for the reminding me to check the editing on the files and reminding me which ones they are!

1 Like

Alex,

When I run “./cncli.sh leaderlog” and the script’s return tells me that I will be leader of 3 slots in the next epoch, it means that I can mint at most 3 blocks (1 for each slot) or I might as well mint more than one block per slot?

3 slots = 3 blocks

1 Like

Hi, thanks for producing the fantastic guide!

I have been configuring a relay and producer node and realised I had to resize, adding more memory. I now have 6vCPU and 16GB, previously 4CPU and 8GB ram

I have an issue when running gLiveView.sh on the 16G server, when starting the script it eventually fails with:

Was googling around and saw this article, Set up a Cardano staking pool - Organic Design wiki

The suggested workaround does work for me, but any ideas as to what the cause could be?

The node has started to sync and is ‘ok’ from what I can see.

Thanks!

What more exactly u did?
It’s an old post…
Can u try sudo systemctl status cnode?
what is the uptime?

I just edited the script as per suggestion (line 608).

25 mins uptime

which file?

try to restart the node sudo systemctl restart cnode
then check again on glive… but can u rollback what u did?