How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS

sure, but i don’t have the one that broke it.
its nothing fancy, and i know i shouldn’t run it like this…

{
  "Producers": [
    {
      "addr": "192.168.1.61",
      "port": 16001,
      "valency": 1
    },
      {
       "addr": "192.168.1.63",
       "port": 16003,
       "valency": 1
      }
  ]
}

go to cd ~/tmp and run ./prereqs.sh -f
this command will replace the files… after this operation restart the node and check if now is ok… if yes u must edit again:

• topology file
  • env file
  • cnode.sh (if u edited before)
  • config.json file
  • any other filed edited before
1 Like

I’m getting cardano-cli[and node]: command not found on Debian 11 Vagrant with testnet 1.34.1. Compilation step includes:

Warning: Requested index-state 2021-12-07T00:00:00Z is newer than
'hackage.haskell.org'! Falling back to older state (2021-12-06T23:34:30Z).
Resolving dependencies...
Overwriting cabal.project.local to include cardano-addresses and bech32 ..

After attempting 1.35.2 I get

Warning: Requested index-state 2022-02-18T00:00:00Z is newer than
'hackage.haskell.org'! Falling back to older state (2022-02-17T23:17:49Z).
Resolving dependencies...
cabal: Could not resolve dependencies:
[__0] trying: cardano-crypto-class-2.0.0 (user goal)
[__1] rejecting: cardano-crypto-class:+secp256k1-support (conflict: pkg-config
package libsecp256k1-any, not found in the pkg-config database)
[__1] rejecting: cardano-crypto-class:-secp256k1-support (manual flag can only
be changed explicitly)
[__1] fail (backjumping, conflict set: cardano-crypto-class,
cardano-crypto-class:secp256k1-support)
After searching the rest of the dependency tree exhaustively, these were the
goals I've had most trouble fulfilling: cardano-crypto-class,
cardano-crypto-class:secp256k1-support

Worked like a charm, thanks.
the weird sync issue came back…
oddly enough it didn’t seem to happen when the BP node is running as just a relay, so i tried to switch it back to a relay and will try and give it a day like that…
to see if it will desync again…

1 Like

also for BP try to keep the IOHK servers inside topology file

1 Like

ill try that… the install didn’t mention that.
and it’s been running fine for almost 2 months without it

but again if it happens to the BP and not the same node configured to the a relay instead.
then how can it be a topology configuration.

nothing of this makes sense.
still need to test out my relay theory… and now the node ofc didn’t shutdown correctly so its scrubbing the entire blockchain again again again again again again again again.

or whatever its doing when one reboots it a few times the it will not shutdown correctly and it starts to take a long time… to start it up…

even tried increasing the cnode systemd service shutdown timeout to 10 minutes and still it will fail to shutdown correctly.

Hi @Alexd1985,
My setup based in this guide, but there are something wrong with my setup and I don’t know exactly which part.

1. The node is running as BP but both PN + RN doesn’t prossessed any TXs after 3 epoch
  2. All cardano-cli query not working with socket path error (after plus node0.socket it work but the node can’t start)
  3. May I run leaderlog with 4vCPU/16GB ram + 8G swapfile? I’m new here and I don’t want to missed any block on a small single pool :smile:
  4. Can you copy your configuration of env and bashrc related to socket path?
    Thanks.

I have this issue from time to time with my relay… but u can set the relay to restart once/2-3 days

Hi @longho

1. The node is running as BP but both PN + RN doesn’t prossessed any TXs after 3 epoch

Check inside config file if u set to true tracemempool parameters

1. All cardano-cli query not working with socket path error (after plus node0.socket it work but the node can’t start)

U must export the socket path inside bashrc

echo export CARDANO_NODE_SOCKET_PATH="/opt/cardano/cnode/socket/node0.socket" >> $HOME/.bashrc
source $HOME/.bashrc
  1. May I run leaderlog with 4vCPU/16GB ram + 8G swapfile? I’m new here and I don’t want to missed any block on a small single pool :smile:

should work, this is the min limit ~24G

1. Can you copy your configuration of env and bashrc related to socket path?

Check if after export all good now

Thanks.

i just installed a second relay… i know that is rather inefficient, but i like to be able to tinker.
so it’s not a huge problem… just one of those annoying things that slow down my troubleshooting of my BP node a lot.

might try to move it to nvme ssd storage instead, right now its on a sata ssd
and i do see quite a bit of storage read when it’s doing whatever its doing…
even tho it’s only like 10MB/s on sata, could be limited by the sata io latency overhead.

doubt it would help tho, with as many times as i have run this recently it should all be cached in memory.

1 Like

My config is set to false which is: “TraceMempool”: false

I’ve tried that before and the node keep “starting” instead of “syncing” for a whole day :smile: . But I will try it again.

Thanks.

Try journalctl -e -f -u cnode and sudo systemctl status cnode and share also the glive output

journalctl -e -f -u cnode output

Jul 29 16:25:17 core cnode[1320]: Listening on http://0.0.0.0:12798
Jul 30 12:31:28 core cnode[1320]: Shutting down…
Jul 30 12:31:28 core cnode[1320]: Node configuration: NodeConfiguration {ncSocketConfig = SocketConfig {ncNodeIPv4Addr = Last {getLast = Just 0.0.0.0}, ncNodeIPv6Addr = Last {getLast = Nothing}, ncNodePortNumber = Last {getLast = Just 3001}, ncSocketPath = Last {getLast = Just “/opt/cardano/cnode/sockets/node0.socket”}}, ncConfigFile = “/opt/cardano/cnode/files/config.json”, ncTopologyFile = “/opt/cardano/cnode/files/topology.json”, ncDatabaseFile = “/opt/cardano/cnode/db”, ncProtocolFiles = ProtocolFilepaths {byronCertFile = Nothing, byronKeyFile = Nothing, shelleyKESFile = Just “/opt/cardano/cnode/priv/pool/BLUE/hot.skey”, shelleyVRFFile = Just “/opt/cardano/cnode/priv/pool/BLUE/vrf.skey”, shelleyCertFile = Just “/opt/cardano/cnode/priv/pool/BLUE/op.cert”, shelleyBulkCredsFile = Nothing}, ncValidateDB = False, ncShutdownConfig = ShutdownConfig {scIPC = Nothing, scOnSyncLimit = Just NoShutdown}, ncProtocolConfig = NodeProtocolConfigurationCardano (NodeByronProtocolConfiguration {npcByronGenesisFile = “/opt/cardano/cnode/files/byron-genesis.json”, npcByronGenesisFileHash = Nothing, npcByronReqNetworkMagic = RequiresNoMagic, npcByronPbftSignatureThresh = Nothing, npcByronApplicationName = ApplicationName {unApplicationName = “cardano-sl”}, npcByronApplicationVersion = 1, npcByronSupportedProtocolVersionMajor = 3, npcByronSupportedProtocolVersionMinor = 0, npcByronSupportedProtocolVersionAlt = 0}) (NodeShelleyProtocolConfiguration {npcShelleyGenesisFile = “/opt/cardano/cnode/files/shelley-genesis.json”, npcShelleyGenesisFileHash = Nothing}) (NodeAlonzoProtocolConfiguration {npcAlonzoGenesisFile = “/opt/cardano/cnode/files/alonzo-genesis.json”, npcAlonzoGenesisFileHash = Nothing}) (NodeHardForkProtocolConfiguration {npcTestEnableDevelopmentHardForkEras = False, npcTestShelleyHardForkAtEpoch = Nothing, npcTestShelleyHardForkAtVersion = Nothing, npcTestAllegraHardForkAtEpoch = Nothing, npcTestAllegraHardForkAtVersion = Nothing, npcTestMaryHardForkAtEpoch = Nothing, npcTestMaryHardForkAtVersion = Nothing, npcTestAlonzoHardForkAtEpoch = Nothing, npcTestAlonzoHardForkAtVersion = Nothing, npcTestBabbageHardForkAtEpoch = Nothing, npcTestBabbageHardForkAtVersion = Nothing}), ncDiffusionMode = InitiatorAndResponderDiffusionMode, ncSnapshotInterval = DefaultSnapshotInterval, ncTestEnableDevelopmentNetworkProtocols = False, ncMaxConcurrencyBulkSync = Nothing, ncMaxConcurrencyDeadline = Just 2, ncLoggingSwitch = True, ncLogMetrics = True, ncTraceConfig = TracingOnLegacy (TraceSelection {traceVerbosity = NormalVerbosity, traceAcceptPolicy = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceBlockFetchClient = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceBlockFetchDecisions = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceBlockFetchProtocol = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceBlockFetchProtocolSerialised = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceBlockFetchServer = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceBlockchainTime = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceChainDB = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceChainSyncBlockServer = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceChainSyncClient = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceChainSyncHeaderServer = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceChainSyncProtocol = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceConnectionManager = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceConnectionManagerCounters = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceConnectionManagerTransitions = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceDebugPeerSelectionInitiatorTracer = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceDebugPeerSelectionInitiatorResponderTracer = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceDiffusionInitialization = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceDnsResolver = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceDnsSubscription = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceErrorPolicy = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceForge = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceForgeStateInfo = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceHandshake = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceInboundGovernor = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceInboundGovernorCounters = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceInboundGovernorTransitions = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceIpSubscription = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceKeepAliveClient = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLedgerPeers = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalChainSyncProtocol = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalConnectionManager = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalErrorPolicy = OnOff {isOn = True}, traceLocalHandshake = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalInboundGovernor = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalMux = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalRootPeers = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalServer = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalStateQueryProtocol = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalTxMonitorProtocol = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalTxSubmissionProtocol = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceLocalTxSubmissionServer = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceMempool = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceMux = OnOff {isOn = False}, tracePeerSelection = OnOff {isOn = False}, tracePeerSelectionCounters = OnOff {isOn = True}, tracePeerSelectionActions = OnOff {isOn = False}, tracePublicRootPeers = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceServer = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceTxInbound = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceTxOutbound = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceTxSubmissionProtocol = OnOff {isOn = False}, traceTxSubmission2Protocol = OnOff {isOn = False}}), ncTraceForwardSocket = Nothing, ncMaybeMempoolCapacityOverride = Nothing, ncProtocolIdleTimeout = 5s, ncTimeWaitTimeout = 60s, ncAcceptedConnectionsLimit = AcceptedConnectionsLimit {acceptedConnectionsHardLimit = 512, acceptedConnectionsSoftLimit = 384, acceptedConnectionsDelay = 5s}, ncTargetNumberOfRootPeers = 100, ncTargetNumberOfKnownPeers = 100, ncTargetNumberOfEstablishedPeers = 50, ncTargetNumberOfActivePeers = 20, ncEnableP2P = DisabledP2PMode}
– Reboot –
Jul 30 12:31:53 core cnode[591]: WARN: A prior running Cardano node was not cleanly shutdown, socket file still exists. Cleaning up.
Jul 30 12:31:55 core cnode[1360]: Listening on http://0.0.0.0:12798

Now I have both instances running and cardano-cli command working. The remaining issue is TXs is not processed

Did u set to true?
Also do u have inside peers? Other nodes than your servers?

No, I’m not, I leave the default value without touching anything.

Yes, I have 2 relays, 1 is connected and 1 under downgrading to 1.34.1 (database syncing) because all my nodes running 1.35.0.

I also get this error when query leadership schedule for next epoch:

Command failed: query leadership-schedule Error: Error while calculating the slot range: PastHorizon {pastHorizonCallStack = [(“runQuery”,SrcLoc {srcLocPackage = “ouroboros-consensus-0.1.0.0-e8412bb67631dca3b86758a255779a6b9eb6e2a657c5fef3086957a3bd4375af”, srcLocModule = “Ouroboros.Consensus.HardFork.History.Qry”, srcLocFile = “src/Ouroboros/Consensus/HardFork/History/Qry.hs”, srcLocStartLine = 430, srcLocStartCol = 44, srcLocEndLine = 430, srcLocEndCol = 64}),(“interpretQuery”,SrcLoc {srcLocPackage = “ouroboros-consensus-0.1.0.0-e8412bb67631dca3b86758a255779a6b9eb6e2a657c5fef3086957a3bd4375af”, srcLocModule = “Ouroboros.Consensus.HardFork.History.EpochInfo”, srcLocFile = “src/Ouroboros/Consensus/HardFork/History/EpochInfo.hs”, srcLocStartLine = 45, srcLocStartCol = 50, srcLocEndLine = 45, srcLocEndCol = 68}),(“interpretQuery’”,SrcLoc {srcLocPackage = “ouroboros-consensus-0.1.0.0-e8412bb67631dca3b86758a255779a6b9eb6e2a657c5fef3086957a3bd4375af”, srcLocModule = “Ouroboros.Consensus.HardFork.History.EpochInfo”, srcLocFile = “src/Ouroboros/Consensus/HardFork/History/EpochInfo.hs”, srcLocStartLine = 34, srcLocStartCol = 31, srcLocEndLine = 34, srcLocEndCol = 63}),(“epochInfoSize_”,SrcLoc {srcLocPackage = “cardano-slotting-0.1.0.0-7618dff6992469ca39863ffbcc2ebdde043b2a836c21f9a4d8d0ba8fe2c8209e”, srcLocModule = “Cardano.Slotting.EpochInfo.API”, srcLocFile = “src/Cardano/Slotting/EpochInfo/API.hs”, srcLocStartLine = 45, srcLocStartCol = 9, srcLocEndLine = 45, srcLocEndCol = 23}),(“epochInfoSize”,SrcLoc {srcLocPackage = “cardano-slotting-0.1.0.0-7618dff6992469ca39863ffbcc2ebdde043b2a836c21f9a4d8d0ba8fe2c8209e”, srcLocModule = “Cardano.Slotting.EpochInfo.API”, srcLocFile = “src/Cardano/Slotting/EpochInfo/API.hs”, srcLocStartLine = 122, srcLocStartCol = 26, srcLocEndLine = 122, srcLocEndCol = 42}),(“epochInfoSize_”,SrcLoc {srcLocPackage = “cardano-slotting-0.1.0.0-7618dff6992469ca39863ffbcc2ebdde043b2a836c21f9a4d8d0ba8fe2c8209e”, srcLocModule = “Cardano.Slotting.EpochInfo.API”, srcLocFile = “src/Cardano/Slotting/EpochInfo/API.hs”, srcLocStartLine = 45, srcLocStartCol = 9, srcLocEndLine = 45, srcLocEndCol = 23}),(“epochInfoSize”,SrcLoc {srcLocPackage = “cardano-slotting-0.1.0.0-7618dff6992469ca39863ffbcc2ebdde043b2a836c21f9a4d8d0ba8fe2c8209e”, srcLocModule = “Cardano.Slotting.EpochInfo.API”, srcLocFile = “src/Cardano/Slotting/EpochInfo/API.hs”, srcLocStartLine = 78, srcLocStartCol = 9, srcLocEndLine = 78, srcLocEndCol = 40})], pastHorizonExpression = Some (EEpochSize (ELit (EpochNo 355))), pastHorizonSummary = [EraSummary {eraStart = Bound {boundTime = RelativeTime 0s, boundSlot = SlotNo 0, boundEpoch = EpochNo 0}, eraEnd = EraEnd (Bound {boundTime = RelativeTime 89856000s, boundSlot = SlotNo 4492800, boundEpoch = EpochNo 208}), eraParams = EraParams {eraEpochSize = EpochSize 21600, eraSlotLength = SlotLength 20s, eraSafeZone = StandardSafeZone 4320}},EraSummary {eraStart = Bound {boundTime = RelativeTime 89856000s, boundSlot = SlotNo 4492800, boundEpoch = EpochNo 208}, eraEnd = EraEnd (Bound {boundTime = RelativeTime 101952000s, boundSlot = SlotNo 16588800, boundEpoch = EpochNo 236}), eraParams = EraParams {eraEpochSize = EpochSize 432000, eraSlotLength = SlotLength 1s, eraSafeZone = StandardSafeZone 129600}},EraSummary {eraStart = Bound {boundTime = RelativeTime 101952000s, boundSlot = SlotNo 16588800, boundEpoch = EpochNo 236}, eraEnd = EraEnd (Bound {boundTime = RelativeTime 108432000s, boundSlot = SlotNo 23068800, boundEpoch = EpochNo 251}), eraParams = EraParams {eraEpochSize = EpochSize 432000, eraSlotLength = SlotLength 1s, eraSafeZone = StandardSafeZone 129600}},EraSummary {eraStart = Bound {boundTime = RelativeTime 108432000s, boundSlot = SlotNo 23068800, boundEpoch = EpochNo 251}, eraEnd = EraEnd (Bound {boundTime = RelativeTime 125280000s, boundSlot = SlotNo 39916800, boundEpoch = EpochNo 290}), eraParams = EraParams {eraEpochSize = EpochSize 432000, eraSlotLength = SlotLength 1s, eraSafeZone = StandardSafeZone 129600}},EraSummary {eraStart = Bound {boundTime = RelativeTime 125280000s, boundSlot = SlotNo 39916800, boundEpoch = EpochNo 290}, eraEnd = EraEnd (Bound {boundTime = RelativeTime 153360000s, boundSlot = SlotNo 67996800, boundEpoch = EpochNo 355}), eraParams = EraParams {eraEpochSize = EpochSize 432000, eraSlotLength = SlotLength 1s, eraSafeZone = StandardSafeZone 129600}}]}
teko@core:/opt/cardano/cnode/scripts$

Thats why u don’t see TX processed… and the latest official version is 1.34.1

@Alexd1985 plz look at my comment.

TXs now increasing :smile: I’m downgrading to 1.34.1 one by one and started with Relay 2 instance.
The last question is about leadership schedule error above. How to resolve that. Thank you so much Alex.

U are using a version for cncli which was updated for Vasil HF… do u have an old script which worked before? Should have _bkpxxxx inside the name (also check the date)

then try mv cncli.sh_bkpxxxx cncli.sh and try again

@danmanrana what are u trying to do?