Introducing ADA North Pool [ANP]

Ok, because I honestly thought I had first seen it as ‘delegated’, and in the colour of green directly after delegating (haha :joy: omg am I losing it?) idk Thank you so much. :grin:

1 Like

Ohh just saw this as I have been super busy the whole day. Thanks @adatainment for letting Melanie know it was fine and thank you Melanie for delegating to me. Now that motivates me to push forward and for me that means when Voltaire :slight_smile

1 Like

I’ve also delegated to your pool. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

That means transition from UNDELEGATED > (to) ANPL, whihc takes time.

Also, you will never ever loosing your ADA by delegation, max only the interest on it, but incorrectly handling your funds’ mnemonics, your computer, etc.

Also, never ever give your written down word-mnemonics or password to anybody, even to your husband.:slight_smile:

Also, a good advice, never ever expose your funds or part of your funds, the evils are out there watching for their prospective preys.

1 Like

Thank you Necropuddi :slight_smile:

I added a pools information page to the website:
https://adanorthpool.com/information-about-the-staking-pools/

Added an advertisment on reddit that describes in detail my pools:

Delegated.

I was always a bit put off by the lack of information from many pools on the ITN about their connection to, and involvement in, the platform. It’s nice to know who you’re staking with. This amount of transparency is refreshing.

2 Likes

HI, ADA North Pool, Nice Meet you. I have seen a lot of ADA North Pools.

1 Like

Thank you Ghostweel. Transparency is important to me. For example you can see my pool live on the monitoring page. While yes this could mean a hacker could look live how the system resources went up or down I have put into place enough redundancy measures that I believe the pros of being transparent outweights the cons and frankly a hacker could only touch the public relays unless he somehow got hold of the private relays ip or the core pool ip. And even then there are plenty other redundancies I have described in detail in the above posts. I also wish to improve with security audits and if I get enough delegation stable over time to form a company this will probably be my next step as I think security is something you can always improve on.

3 Likes

For security, a bug bounty would be easy to implement, e.g. “First person to send me the contents of the /proof.txt file from any of the servers gets 5000 ADA”. Incentivizes security people to check for low-hanging fruit type trivial vulnerabilities, and also to report problems to you instead of monetizing them in other ways.

2 Likes

That is actually a great idea.

Additional information: First come first serve so I will not pay the reward again. If someone does post the correct proof this forum post will be updated. Contest last month of August 2020. Please do not harm the servers in the process nor do anything illigal like stealing or using any keys of mine. Only get the content of the proof file.

2 Likes

Security *vulnerability

Small typo =)

Thanks. Fixed.

1 Like

Very thorough! I will delegate once Yoroi is back up

2 Likes

Current live stake is 10.7 mil

Let’s go! drum roll intensifies

2 Likes

Congratz on mining our first block!

2 Likes

Nice! Happy Staking :+1:

3 Likes

Wow! So much amazing information in your introduction… Thank you for sharing and please keep doing the good work! I hope your pool is a success!

2 Likes

So the security contest of August has now ended. One outer relay / webserver had a weaknesses that allowed hackers to learn information and a user was rewarded 500 ADA for this discovery. No user reported either files of the two core servers.

2 Likes

I’m still planning on digging into your post on liquid democracy! I’ve been very busy… I hope your pool is doing well

2 Likes