Introducing BALANCE - Cardano data intelligence platform

Hello,

The BALANCE web app was recently deployed to provide data intelligence on the Cardano Blockchain. We are looking for help in reviewing / testing / gaining feedback on potential enhancements.

Project introduction
Name: BALANCE
Description: Data intelligence platform dedicated to the Cardano Blockchain

We are looking for [someone] to do [something]
Reason: Need feedback / testing / enhancement ideas
Project scope: Create robust data intelligence platform promoting data accessibility and simplification
Paid or voluntary: voluntary

Thank you in advance for your time.

Hello, @Nicholas_Gilbert

I really liked the data this beta version provides and as well as the UX/UI. Although the UI spelling needs some small improvements :wink: (see the image below), it is very attractive and has light and dark mode.

I like that all the data is extracted from the blockchain via the staking key, but being honest, I didn’t like at all that it requires registration via email. Imo, it should opt for something more decentralized in this regard. I understand that data collection (email / wallet information via stake key) is not the goal, but this last detail can have many readings :slightly_smiling_face:.

Btw, why restrict the fetching of Insights to only one month at a time?

Waiting for more and wishing you success, Nápoles

Thank you very much for the great feedback, Nápoles!

I do understand your thoughts regarding email verification. Perhaps allowing user a “one-time use” account would help to address this concern. Essentially, the user would be able to access the app and setup their account “without email verification”. However, their account configuration will not persist after logout or after session ends (app uses session storage). The next time the user elects to use the app, they would need to re-enter their data.

What are your thoughts on this approach?

As to the monthly view of data, this approach is typical for financial reports / dashboards so it provides a familiar experience. It also ensures that the api call does not request too much data (many years for example) which could overload the data center node, thereby negatively impacting performance for other sessions.

I plan to support date range based queries for features such as data export to Excel, but I need to learn more about how my data center nodes perform under pressure before opening up to these more “resource intensive” api calls.

Thanks again and I look forward to our continued collaboration.
Nick