Jul 6, 2023 | Voltaire era: Parameter committee intermediate state

Hello, thanks for the write-up Joaqin and welcome aboard.

We were promised by @Kevin_Hammond an update from the IOG research department on the subject of pledge effectiveness. I also see no comments/responses in regards to Jun 8, 2023 | Voltaire era: Parameter committee intermediate state - #9 by Homer_J - again, about information posted by IOG in the past related to research.

I also do not see anything in above summary about analysis of SPO comments and plans to have an improved SPO survey v2. You know, so maybe we can come up with a community plan not involving changing one magic number to a smaller magic number.

Where can we find out more about ‘effects of k parameter changing on Mempool saturation’ discussions?

What exactly was Network Advisory Group monitoring that was related to the proposed parameter changes?

How can changing minPoolCost drastically have negative effect on economics of stake pool operation - please elaborate, is this the ‘everybody will start running their pools at a loss on cheap hardware to try and get higher rankings in wallets’ argument? Something a bit more concrete backed by data would be appreciated - as current inferior ROI by new starting out or smaller pools is not something that’s up for debate, I hope.

10 Likes