KernoPool Introduction [KERNO]

Hi All!

I’m Jason and I’m based in Cornwall in the South West of the UK. Some of you may know this region as Kernow which inspired the pool name KERNO. I’ve been interested in crypto for a while, first trying to buy BTC from Mt.Gox in 2013 but that didn’t go so well and I didn’t really look back until 2018. It was then I got interested in Cardano and have followed the project and held ADA since. I’ve always been technical, writing my first small programs in BASIC on an Atari when I was 9 years old, but since then I’ve spent a decade working professionally in IT. The past couple of years I’ve worked for myself, so am well placed to run a pool “full time” as my time is 100% mine to prioritise.

Name: KernoPool

Ticker: KERNO / Pledge: 100,000 ADA / Fixed Fee: 340 ADA / Variable Fee: 2.4% (Capped till Aug '21)

Contact Details:
Email: hello@kernopool.com
Twitter: @kerno_pool

Pool ID: 35df6cdd839eabd135a1fa53a42498c1f58960728685f14d386da29d

Pool Infrastructure:
KernoPool’s block producing node is hosted in a datacenter in London with 8 relays node currently located in datacenters in the UK, EU, US and Asia connecting the pool to the rest of the Cardano network. I believe mission critical infrastructure belongs in the datacenter and the block producing node is certainly mission critical.

As these nodes are scalable in an instant, easily allowing me to add cores, storage and RAM, I don’t have a fixed specification for hardware. At a minimum, these nodes are at least 2vCPU, 4GB RAM with SSD storage and very low latency network connections to the internet, however, the nodes are monitored 24/7, so if the specification needs to be increased to remain competitive in block production, that will be actioned immediately and will occur in seconds. It’s also safe to say the current KernoPool node network and infrastructure was tested considerably during the many weeks of the Shelley Haskell Testnet period and produced blocks consistently whilst fully operational.

Pool Redundancy:
Unlike nodes located in most homes and small business premises, certainly in the UK, my nodes have access to multiple redundant power supplies with generators and multi-vendor, low latency fibre links to the internet. This allows some degree of confidence in the highly available environment the pool nodes resides in. If and when a problem occurs with the nodes themselves, I have monitoring and alerting running 24/7 with an ever increasing degree of autonomy for problem resolution. That said nothing is 100% resilient, and for that reason, I have passive nodes at alternate locations that are configured to pick up the work of block production at very short notice if the primary node remains unavailable. Ensuring the high availability of nodes is a continuous process that will continue to evolve.

Operator Experience:
I’ve been an IT professional for over a decade, specifying, installing and managing on and off-premise IT infrastructure, networking and security, across multiple geographical sites in booth the UK public and private sector operating in various roles from engineer to department manager. I feel this experience puts me in a great position to operate a stake pool.

Why Check Out KernoPool?
If you are looking for a pool that is still going to be around in a year, is laser focused on maximising uptime and pool availability and crucially has stable fees, then look no further.

I am committed to running this pool for the long term and to ensure delegators can trust KernoPool, our pool margin is capped at 2.4% until August 2021. It might go down but it certainly won’t go up.

So come check KernoPool out. I’d welcome any delegations and/questions

1 Like