List of Cardano / ADA staking pools (Unofficial)

Where did you read this?

1 Like

Starting in Q3 2018, decentralisation features will be tested with community participation through testnets and then released to the mainnet in stages. from - https://staking.cardano.org/

Throughout Q2 and Q3 of 2018 the features of Shelley will be released, starting with delegation and stake pool testnets. from https://cardanoroadmap.com

1 Like

Is that a change, or is that what the roadmap said before? I mean Byron was released in September 2017 but it is still being worked on.

That has not changed…it has said 2Q-3Q 2018 for at least a month

Nope… Staking pool tests should have starderd in January. We know as a fact they will nost start sooner than may!

If the team starts Staking pool tests in May…that still gives time to be decentralized by Q3 2018 (assuming the team is diligent fixing bugs encountered during the tests within 4 months)…

Shelley was scheduled for Q2. not for " if its ok, q3 will be achieved"

I only remember seeing Q2 - Q3 2018…I always interpreted Q2 as best case…Q3 worst case

“Parties interested in running a stake pool in the Shelley testnet are invited to register by completing the following form between April 5 and April 31, 2018.” Per your May comment. So Q3 is no surprise really with the due diligence they will have to do on the first round of Pool Operators, and selecting the first round etc. We’d be lucky to see it up and running by July realistically. It’s disappointing but honestly I’m not surprised.

Yup. Charles’ comments on this always sounded like “Shelley is deployed throughout Q2 and Q3 of 2018”. I see any work with pools as part of Shelley. So I see how Shelley deployment started along with the start of Q2 (April). Can’t see any problem here.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. Pool Operator applications and selection in April, then testing and deployment in Q3 is consistent with that quote.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QcUoPc9THihOAaOcXwrWmzTN_RLUdsJybPaeuDrt-t0/htmlview
Open Ouroboros Delegation - 0 progress in 3 months?

3 Likes

Maybe because it’s already 75% done, so next update will look like: “100% it’s deployed” and it will be in Q3 and it will be according to the schedule.

Could be. I hope so >)…
But that is just a speculation atm. The fact is : 3 months - 0 progress, for marketing reason i would have went 80 % 85 %90 % ?

1 Like

Correct.

Nah.

Adafans is correct, it was slated for Q2. The good news is we can now all register to run a stake pool. (if you have the time and inclination)

Like a windows progress bar - goes quick at the start then slows down in the last bit.

First, I love that spreadsheet. It makes progress or lack of thereof, very clear. Second, they added the Open Registration tab (new) but did not improve % progress on Open Ouroboros Delegation. Not sure what methodology they use for the % on progress. That is progress. Why not change to 80 - 85%?

re: OO-Delegation - there’s obviously some issue there, what exactly it is I don’t know, it’s been 75% for a while without change. It’s very difficult to anticipate every contingency, they’ve hit something, hopefully it will just be a temporary issue, although with software you never can be sure.

Don’t think adding a mail-form to a website really counts as progress. Maybe they could add 1% on, but that would look kind of silly.

This is how I see it from a PM perspective:
Q2 Started April 1:

• "Parties interested in running a stake pool in the Shelley testnet are invited to register by completing the following form between April 5 and April 31, 2018.
  • First week of May: “Shortly after registration closes, IOHK will provide details about when selected stake pools will be visible in Daedalus as part of the testnet. These will include associated user documentation and feedback channels.”
  • Pools selected sometime in May and early June
  • Before June (Sometime in May): Open Ouroboros Delegation should be done (100%)…in order to have community participation using the wallet for delegation to the stake pools in the testnet
  • June 30…everything is lined up for testnet with community participation
    Q3 Starts (July 1 – September 30)
  • July 1 : “Starting in Q3 2018, decentralisation features will be tested with community participation through testnets and then released to the mainnet in stages”
  • August 1 - September 30: “Releasing to mainnet”….by September 30 all are released…fully decentralized
  • Roadmap achieved (Decentralization) by September 30 (the minimum # of nodes are released to mainnet)