List of Cardano / ADA staking pools (Unofficial)

There is no end yes, but everyone has an equal right to create a pool. Who will survive, we will just have to see?

i hope not all :slight_smile:

What’s so bad about this? The more independent pools there are - the better. As long as they are honest.

Number of pools does not affect the profits in any way. Total amount of stake is what matters.

Ok i have think thats each pool work more or lesser for itself. them nvm :slight_smile:

@AdamSabla

Hello Adam

I am new to ADA Cardano. Can you pls explain what does “staking” mean? what is the benefit from “staking”?

Thank you in adavcne.

@Mustafa https://cardanowiki.info/wiki/Staking_and_Delegation
Another explanation Mining ada procedure

I suggest that you navigate around the Cardano Wiki in order to learn more about the coin and the technology.
Let us know if you think that something important is missing!

4 Likes

@CosmosX Thanks Pierre it was really so helpful.

1 Like

Thank you for the info, when will said list be available?

We made this list on the wiki https://cardanowiki.info/wiki/List_of_staking_pools based on what was available here on the forum, but it is far from being exhaustive.
Tom from the Cardano Foundation has said that IOHK have received over 1500 applications, and counting.

2 Likes

Meanwhile on Facebook …

2 Likes

Or just dive in and fix it yourself! :grinning: (Registration/login preferred but not required.)

2 Likes

CardanoHub has more infor on staking now: https://www.cardano.org/en/staking/

They give some hypothetical inflation numbers on staking around 2% per year. This is nowhere near what we were led to believe earlier.

1 Like

Only for the first year, tho. They show more awesome system of the fixed reserve decrease rate, instead of fixed inflation. At the shown decrease of 5% a year inflation will be 2.2581% for the first year, 2.0978% for the second one, and 1.2195% in the year 10.

UPD: Moved further description and discussion to the separate topic:

2 Likes

@AdamSabla if you could be so kind and add my staking pool http://fractalide.com/cardano-stake-pool/

1 Like

@AdamSabla, I took the liberty and added it to the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @sjmackenzie,

I just followed your link and read this:
“When you nominate Fractalide’s stake pool to vote for you, all earnings, after server costs, go into development of Fractalide’s open source dapp browser. By nominating Fractalide, you’re helping improve Fractalide and the Cardano ecosystem.”

Quick question for clarity: Are you planning to extract a % premium from the rewards of your stakeholders in your pool to fund the development of Fractalide’s open source dapp browser?

Thanks!

1 Like

@Risus76, from this direct quote from the website it seems that the whole reward will go toward the development: “When you nominate Fractalide’s stake pool to vote for you, all earnings, after server costs, go into development of Fractalide’s open source dapp browser"

UPD: turns out I was wrong on this one ^ See comments below :slight_smile:

This is what known as a “donation pool”. Possibility of having and creating those were discussed some long time ago. A “standard” (in a user perspective) pool is one that gets all the reward for each user, then subtracts a percentage for its own services and then gives the rest to the stakeholder user. A “donation” pool is one where the subtracted percentage is 100% :slight_smile: The logic is the same as you would just send your own ADA, received from a standard pool, as a donation to a company, but the difference is that it’s much simpler for a user, since he does not have to manage any regular donations manually. Additionally, many users may consider that there’s no point in donating, for example, 0.01 ADA per month, but if a few thousand users delegate a small stake to a donation pool, and each stake only gives 0.01 ADA - they sum up to a decent number.

Some discussed use-cases for a donation pool were like: a developers company that uses all rewards to develop something for an ecosystem, or a charity organisation that uses all rewards to fund its activity, or a non-profit that uses all rewards to promote Cardano and educate people, etc. Basically any company, that would normally ask people for donations, can run a node and claim the whole reward or it’s major part as a donation. This way users not only support this organisation, but also support the network by funding an additional node. Like a “quid pro quo” between the community and the organisation :slight_smile:

Of course, such a pool or organisation would have to provide the double amount of transparency, compared to a “standard” pool, because not only they have to show that they pool is operating as claimed, but also they have to demonstrate that donations are really used as intended.

But generally, for all stakeholders, it might be a nice idea to delegate some part of their stake to such pools. Not only it helps the network (if nodes are operated well, of course), but also might help the organisation. So if you like their goals - that’s a nice way to organise a donating process.

2 Likes

@Risus76 I sat across the table with the IOHK guys a few weeks ago and discussed at length on this topic. The exact specification of the pools is pretty much finalized but it’s for IOHK to reveal their hand. Hence the Fractalide Stake pool structure is not finalized. Though I’d like to make it such that nominators also earn from their staking. When I said “all earnings”, I was referring to the pool’s earnings and not the nominator’s earnings. Let’s see what happens when things become concrete it’s just too early to tell.

3 Likes

@Risus76 I’ve tried to clarify it a bit further on http://fractalide.com/cardano-stake-pool/. This is currently my understand on how things MIGHT work.

We’ll make our costs and spendings transparent. If you appreciate Fractalide and want your experience improved, then nominate us to stake for you. The more nominators the lighter it is for everyone. All pool earnings (not nominator earnings), after server costs, goes into development of the open source Hyperflow dapp browser. By nominating Fractalide, you’re helping improve Fractalide and the Cardano ecosystem.

3 Likes

Thank you, @vantuz-subhuman. As usual, a very detailed and awesome explanation. You rock!:smiley: