List of Cardano / ADA staking pools (Unofficial)

Hey @AdamSabla a team of developers and I just launched what we hope to be the most professional Cardano staking pool community. Please add http://www.adacoinstake.com/

Thank you!

1 Like

@quicktyson done! thanks and good luck! :slight_smile:

@AdamSabla - Thanks for putting together this list of staking pools, AdaBlocks is excited to announce open sign ups to join our staking pool at https://adablocks.com/. Could you please add us to your list? Thank you!

@AdaBlocks done! Thanks! And nice site btw :wink:

sounds fake to me

Ada Blocks guarantees 99.999% up time, the most reliable Ada Staking Pool in the market.

as no pool is live, how is yours ”the most reliable” ?

This here should be very interesting for all staking-pool aspirants

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! We definitely aren’t fake, our staking pool is built on the most reliable and redundant computing available which allows us to guarantee 99.999% up time.

I am sure 100% you will do you best to guarantee 99.999%… ! Cardano community really needs people with high tech skills being involved in this. I see on your site that the team looks strong , so - Good luck!!!
Anyway, I think the " the most reliable Ada Staking Pool in the market." just can’t be correct , as no pools are live and no one is the most reliable or the less reliable

99.999% - isn’t that the SLA for VM uptime on AWS?

:smirk:

You shouldn’t need to many technical skills to run a stake pool. I hear they’ll be handing out a docker image.

1 Like

has some nice info pools :sunglasses:

1 Like

I would argue a bit on this. This upcoming official Docker image (in which we could apply different config file to get it became a privileged, unprivileged Relay node or a Core node etc.) just provides an easily configurable and standardized platform to run Cardano nodes as services. But, to protect the privileged nodes the Core nodes which are the only delegates in the Cardano network is crucial.

In my understanding, an Ada Pool can have

• one and only one (stateful) Core node which should or must be hidden and protected, and
  • any number of (stateless) privileged (can only communicate to the core nodes and unprivileged nodes) and
  • unprivileged Relay nodes (communicate only w/ the privileged nodes and edge nodes) which can be attacked and destroyed any time.

So, relay nodes are the easy examples of using the Docker images in some Docker clustering solutions (Kubernetes or Docker Swarm etc.), but the core must be protected. Means does not matter if any relay node is down we can easily bring up as many relay nodes as we need, but when the core is down, that pool is down and then we are losing money. That’s why the Core nodes are not really affected by DDoS from the outside of the world as they’re hidden and DDoS-ing relays does not really matter.

In addition, as only a Core node can be a delegate (AFAIK currently only ~20 exists, hidden behind a few relay nodes that are managed by IOHK), despite any Daedalous wallet (edge node) can be a slot leader, therefore it’s crucial that the Core must be up when it’s required (at Coin tossing time and at block generation time etc.).

Anyway, as I mentioned it before, the architecture of a pool is one and only one Core node w/ several privileged relay nodes that can communicate w/ that the core. Therefore similar statements that guarantee 99.999% or even I saw 100% uptime is a bit misleading as the pool will be online only when the Core is up because relays are just acting as proxies and a pool only have one Core node which is a SPOF from the Pool’s point of view.

However, AFAIK, a Core must only be available when its required for Coin tossing and block generating, so as an example: statistically, a pool can be up 100% (means it was up when it’s required) despite it was physically up only 97%.

Anyway, I do not know what are the monopoly incentives of having relay nodes and how the rewards and fees can be or are adjusted (as it has operational cost to maintain cores and the optional unprivileged/privileged nodes) as I did not find anything in the source code.

4 Likes

Our staking pool page just went online. Would be nice if you could add it to the list - heph.io. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This staking pool is made by Serokell (the team is working on developing Cardano). I read your page and I don’t understand how can I get lifted fees by signing up my email ? ( I signed up already, just don’t understand how this will work)

Good question…I need to understand how much is the “tiny fee”…I signed up for updates (this is the 3rd staking pool I signed up for)…I will need to understand several things to commit to any. Some of the questions I have:
1.- How much ADA do you have in stakes?
2.- What are the fees?
3.- Where are the locations of the nodes?
4.- How much ADA per node?
5.- How often the rewards will be distributed?

I do not think it is a matter, as default AFAIK, all stakeholder’s wallets will be evenly delegated to the existing and well-known pools. It’s required during the switching phase, to be sure that more than 51% of the stakeholders are on-line, then any individual stakeholder can switch to any other pool or decide not to.

At the moment nobody knows it, but the other mining pools usually charge from 1% to 2%. So, as the base, I would say 1%, as the pool owners will have operational costs.

I do not think that’s important, as it would not affect anything. The most important thing is diversity, means nodes should be distributed evenly accross the globe and should use different infrastructures such us Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Red Hat etc. etc… If you’re a kind of patriot and you would prefer to use a Pool that’s located in your country then that’s fine.
But, pls do not forget that the tribalisms and religions (and a lot of other stuffs) are the best in one and only one thing: Split the people to us and them.

It’s a kind of speculation as it’s not been decided yet as there is some research is still ongoing relating to the incentives, but I think the following makes sense.
(a.) The total supply is ~31bn, max supply is 45m, therefore 14bn for minting.
(b.) This 14bn is said to be released in 4 years (1st ~9%, 2nd ~9%, 3rd ~6%, 4th ~4%), it’s kind of speculation, but it cannot be sustained for long, see the point (a)
(c.) Currently, there are ~1.57788*10^6 slots in a year.
(d.) So, it would depend on how the incentives are calculated, but based on the simplest calculation is around 2258ADA/slot

It’s still a kind of speculation, but the reward distribution have cost the transfer fee, so I would say it should depend on the stakeholder’s stake. Means if you have only 10K of ADA and there is a pool w/ 100m big Pool, then that pool only just has the ~0.3% of the total supply in the 1st yr. means ~14 slots/day.
And if the reward is 2000ADA then you will get only 0.01% of the daily 28000ADA means only 2.8ADA for you and the transfer fee is at least ~0.16 which is approx 5.7% of the 2.8ADA, so, I would prefer weekly or fortnightly distribution where the fee is only ~0.8% or less.

@_ilap…thanks for your response…I will assume the websites “promoting” stake pools should at some point answer some of the questions…that will (of course) wait until the “rules” for staking are clear by the Cardano team…I get more excited as we get closer to decentralization, I am sooo looking forward to the rest of the year (and next 5 years) to see where we go with this project.

Worked for IOHK! Is not, anymore

Could you please add AdaStaking.com to the list of staking pools.
We are committed to becoming one of the worlds largest, most trusted and well-respected Cardano staking pools. Sign up now.

Adam, you are doing a wonderful job maintaining this resource. Thank you.

To tell the truth, I hate marketing bullshits and also there should not be any largest pool, bet evenly distributed ones.:slight_smile: and I hope Cardano/IOHK are working hard on that.

1 Like

Only way to have them evenly distributed is to set a specific nr of ada needed to run a pool////?