Missin ADA after restoring the wallet

ok, I have installed new Daedalus wallet and now start sync process which will take may be one day. then as I understood instead of restore wallet using 12 word key I will copy saved Secret folder? … sorry for too much questions

Yep…If it doesnt work - please try instaling Daedalus on another PC

ok, will keep you informed,thanks for great support!

the same problem, 0 balance…

@vantuz-subhuman do you wanna try and help this ada fella?

If you have you 12 secret words available then there’s no point in doing this undocumented stuff. Delete completely directories that start with "Secrets" and "Wallet" from %appdata\Daedalus% folder. Then start the Daedalus - it should open with no wallets in it and ask you to create or restore one. Select “Restore Wallet” and input your 12 secret words. Then wait until the Daedalus is showing “Restoring in progress” and the spinning thingy at the top" and don’t close Daedalus, while it happens. It may take few hours, but eventually it will restore your wallet fully from the blockchain.

Messing with directories and copying them from one installation to another without actual emergency and without knowing ton of details of how they work - it’s just asking for trouble. There’re tons of caches involved, and I might be wrong, but:

1. Either you just copied the cache that said Daedalus that it already scanned the blockchain and there’s no need to do it again, but didn’t copy actual wallet UTxO data, so Daedalus just showed zero balance.

2. Or you closed Daedalus while wallet restoration was in progress. It also messes up caches for now. Do NOT close Daedalus while wallet restoration is in progress!

3 Likes

it worked!! Thank You for perfect support! Finally I see all my ADA! I did as you suggested, tuned off screen sleep mode for PC and restored wallet which took almost 10hr and it worked! Thanks again for great support!

6 Likes

@vantuz-subhuman ada savior

Good call turning off the sleep mode, @kan13! We’re definitely gonna add it to the tech.support tutorials. Glad it worked!

1 Like

I too am having the same issue of wallet not restoring correctly. My balance also showed 0.000062.

Have been in contact with Daedalus support, but they have stopped responding.

I’ve been try to solve my missing ADA balance problem since Dec ‘17. And they also stop responding. I don’t believe these success stories post are real. There is a serious problem with the wallet.

I have the same problem. But it’s a bit specific. I wrote down the mnemonic phrase but only 11 words. I got a trojan on my PC and when I did the clean I couldnt access my wallet anymore. So I restored it, by bruteforcing the 12th word of the phrase. Question it is not possible, right, to restore some other wallet with the same name? Anyway, the restored wallet shows 0 balance, but on the Cardano explorer it shows the right balance

Is it possible to create 2 different wallets with the same name? Because this is the address that my restored wallet shows as the one to where I should receive funds (DdzFFzCqrhsrv5UAXSMpZ33ooPzPsFpLN9hEBov7MBgM1XEsTeKua8oZvobSHxuPmBSvRCE6d7ezjq7HQN6V6Nu3ED366Hw8h7ZpdasM). And on the Cardano explorer this address is shown as no balance and no transactions.

Thanks

Yes, the name is of no real significance, it’s for convenience only.

Don’t know what you mean by “bruteforcing the 12th word” but it seems clear to me that it’s wrong. Sorry.

I entered 11 phrases and then went on to just entering phrases by combination of (aa, ab, ac…) letters and it restored a wallet. One that was empty. So I was wondering if it is possible to restore a wallet this way? Would my mnemonic phrase have to match the username that I use in order to restore my wallet? But it seems I have restored a different wallet because, as is evident from the prtscr, the addresses don’t match

It’s theoretically possible, but do you know what’s your chance to do that? roughly nr of existing wallets times 2048^(-12).
It’s like to win the Jackpots 5 times in a row.

Those two addresses your provided (~22K balance one and the) and the DdzFFzCqrhsrv5UAXSMpZ33ooPzPsFpLN9hEBov7MBgM1XEsTeKua8oZvobSHxuPmBSvRCE6d7ezjq7HQN6V6Nu3ED366Hw8h7ZpdasM are two different addresses, so you did not brute force it yet. You can have 2048 tries assuming you only missed the last mnemonic.

I would wait, as ur money is safe, until someone creates some CLI for ADA (BIP32 ed25519 compatible) HD wallet address generator.

I think there is still no any anomaly in the Matrix.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I tried it again and it is restoring another wallet this time with a different 12th phrase. So I guess it is more than possible :slight_smile: apparently there are several addresses that have the same 11 phrases and only the 12th is different?

2048 to be precise, that’w why I told you have 2048 tries (minus your current tries). However, I would not do that as one restore takes hours would say 5hrs for simplicity, means one and half year to try all possibilities. But, you can be lucky and find the right one in some months.

However, I did not try any paralell restoring (means initiate a restore whiile an other wallet is already restoring), maybe it’s possible in the Daedalus, but I am not sure.

Well, I guess I’ll need to take some time then :slight_smile: for now it’s the only way to find out what my correct 12th phrase is since I’m retarded and forgot to write it down :slight_smile: and it takes around 10 hours so more like 3 years, unless a better solution comes along in the mean time or if I get lucky. Thanks for the reply and your help, much appreciated. One question, the 2048 tries are the ones that match or is in this included also the ones that don’t match (meaning I type in the letter a and it gives me 6 options and 1 is right. Is that 2048 - 6 or minus 1?)

2048 minus tired restores. Cos, there are 2048 mnemonics, and one tries means: try the known 11 mnemonics + the selected ones of these 2048 (means a has 6 options, but you need to try all 6 and same for the all others i.e. b…z).

Similar app to this would help, but this is only for Bitcoin BIP32’s HD wallets.
However, there is not too much difference between Bitcoin and Cardano’s BIP32, so somebody would certainly come up with a similar site sometimes in the near future.

Thanks :slight_smile: It wasn’t a pretty realisation, but eff it