NAMI wallet - lost password - how to reset password

Ah, now we get closer. These are two totally different wallets in two totally different browsers!

I’m afraid that you have to search for a second seed phrase then.

When creating that second wallet, you have to have got a seed phrase during setup. And Nami also demands from you to give some of the words again to verify that you have written them down. So, it is not really possible that you have completely ignored them.

I remember doing that. Is it a twelve-word phrase?

If it was generated by Nami, it is a 24 word seed phrase.

(Nami can import 15 word phrases, generated mostly by Yoroi, but itself it always creates 24.)

:partying_face: Okay I located 24 words noted as NAMI seed phrase. (Having a senior moment)
You and your team have been wonderful. :dart: Spot on.

Now, I only have one set of 24 words. Could both accounts have the same 24 words?
Or does the one account share the 24 word phrase from my Daedulus account?

Sorry, for off center questions.
Thanks,
David

Two wallets with the same seed phrase is not possible.

(Multiple accounts in the same wallet with the same seed phrase is possible. We have already seen that you did not use that in the past, but you could use it in the future. It’s the feature behind “+ New Account” in the Nami screenshot and behind “Manage Accounts” in the Eternl screenshot above.)

I thought you already had the first of your two wallets restored in Eternl with the Daedalus seed phrase?

If the one you just found is a different one, just try to restore that one additionally. Eternl can manage a lot of wallets side by side. Just choose “Add Wallet”.
screenshot-2024-01-30-16:37:54

Hopefully, that is then your second wallet and you finally have both there side by side.

This is a screenshot of my Eternl wallet. Does it seem to align with either wallet?unnamed.png

Imo this looks like you were only able to restore 1 out of the 2 wallets in Eternl right now.

Could be the one you had in Nami in Chrome: Both are delegated to GENS1. Nami has the restriction that it only uses the first address of a wallet. So, it might not see the whole balance which is why the balance reported by Eternl can be higher.

You can just compare receive addresses.

So, this is what you got when using the seed phrase originally from Daedalus, right?

And the one you found a few messages back is different, right?

Have you already tried that one?

Could be the one you had in Nami in Chrome: Both are delegated to GENS1. Nami has the restriction that it only uses the first address of a wallet. So, it might not see the whole balance which is why the balance reported by Eternl can be higher.

You can just compare receive addresses.
Here is the address from the one NAMI wallet:
Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 10.43.43

But now I’ve a black screen - for NAMI on Brave. I cannot access it.
Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 10.45.43
This happened a week ago too but somehow ??after trying many things I did get it to load once and took this screenshot. But no address.
Chrome DWC2021 copy
showing.

So, this is what you got when using the seed phrase originally from Daedalus, right?
The Eternal screen above is what I got from my Daedelus seed phrase.

And the one you found a few messages back is different, right?
I’m sorry I’m not sure what you’re referring to?
Thanks for staying with me. I’m kicking myself for not being careful enough.

Have you already tried that one?

Could you please copy and paste (not a screenshot) a receiving address of each wallet (Nami and Eternl)?

Okay ive figured it out now.

I copied the receiving address from your screenshot (Nami wallet) above and checked it on a explorer.

It is by fact the SAME wallet but Nami doesnt show 100% of the funds because it only checks one single address.

This wallet contains all the funds of yours.

Here is the address from my NAMI wallet
addr1q9ehcd38zsyyl6ep4vf3kkxv5kdzmk40me2760yzj59gc0zg38cn2s76ruzc9tmjmz4zhzhstqzfv6qxaapwpv9fcn0spcfe2f

This is from Eternl
ddr1q9ehcd38zsyyl6ep4vf3kkxv5kdzmk40me2760yzj59gc0zg38cn2s76ruzc9tmjmz4zhzhstqzfv6qxaapwpv9fcn0spcfe2f m/1852’/1815’/0’/0/0

I did not sleep well last night because od this. You’re helping my blood pressure and marriage.
Okay you said “This wallet contains all the funds of yours.” Is that the Eternal wallet?
And to confirm it has the funds from both of these accounts?

Chrome DWC2021 copy.png

DWCNAMI1957 on BRAVE .png

Thank you.

David

So the first screenshot & the wallet which you have restored in Eternl are the same wallet. Both belongs to this stake address : stake1u9ygnuf4g0dp7pvz4aed323t3tc9spykdqrw7shqkz5ufhcq53s9t

However the second wallet im not able to identify. Do you have a receiving address of that aswell?

Two and a half hours ago you wrote:

I assumed that was a different seed phrase than the one from Daedalus that you are trying around with since yesterday?

Because: If you just found another copy of the same seed phrase that would have hardly been something to mention?

So, have you tried to restore that one? Or is it actually the same seed phrase and there still is only one?

Let’s go back to the discovery you made:
https://cardanoscan.io/address/01737c362714084feb21ab131b58cca59a2ddaafde55ed3c82950a8c3c4889f13543da1f0582af72d8aa2b8af05804966806ef42e0b0a9c4df

That scan shows my 10,047 ADA transaction. That is part of the total 94,000 ADA.

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 12.17.12.png

When I went to send 10 ADA to my Kraken account I’m back to not having the password.
Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 12.31.56.png

How am I able to access this 10,047 ADA and the Genius Yield and Genius X tokens with the wrong password?

Thanks

That is the wallet that you have restored in Eternl! Why don’t you just send from Eternl then?!?

Anyway, if you really want to have it in that Nami again, reset Nami, so that the wallet is gone and restore the wallet with the seed phrase (that you now know). In that process, you can choose a new password.

Oh my gosh! I didn’t know I could transact like that from the Eternl since it was stashed inNAMI.
YOU DA :muscle:t3: BOMB​:bomb: HeptaSean! I will figure out how to do that and let you know.:muscle:t3:
Much appreciated.

Not much is ever in wallet apps except for local settings how the specific wallet app shall behave or the spending password.

The essential things – transactions, delegations, balances, rewards, … – are on the blockchain. Wallet apps are just tools to control that. You can have the same wallet in different wallet apps at the same time and use all of them interchangeably to control your wallet (should probably wait till the other wallet app sees all the transactions, though, or they will get confused). The wallet is not in the wallet apps. You can just delete the wallet from the wallet app and restore it three years later in another wallet app.

… which also means: It is absolutely no problem if one of them misbehaves and you can’t get it to work again. Just restore in another with the seed phrase. What is a problem, though: If you don’t have the seed phrase.

Hello Benjamin,
You have taught me plenty. I so appreciate you and your time and patience.
Blessings,
David

2 Likes