Need Help With Systemd Creation & Port Forwarding

I’m working through the Coin Cashew Guide (Guide: How to build a Cardano Stake Pool - CoinCashew) and am at step 7 at the point where the guide reads: " Run the following to create a systemd unit file to define your cardano-node.service configuration."

I am having issues entering the 25-line code that follows to create the systemd unit file. The Linux terminal takes 24 lines but does not allow a 25th. Is there any way I can fix this?

Also, any advice on port forwarding? I can’t seem to get port 6000 to open per this website: Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router

Though, I’ve only setup my block producer thus far, so I’m not sure if it would register as open without the relay node online as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, I’m a total newbie at setting up nodes/servers!

Use nano cardano-node.service and then paste inside from line 2-24. Save and exit the file and you’ll have the same output.
Regarding the port the node must be running and you have to open the port on firewall to be able to check if it’s reachable.

Hey thanks for your reply. When you say to use “nano cardano-node.service”, I am to input this line into the terminal then hit return, paste lines 2-24 in then hit return again and it’ll basically be the effect?

Also, when you say firewall, you mean going into the port forwarding section of my router and opening 6000 input and output?

Yes input this line it will open nano(notepad) and then paste the line 2-24 press Ctrl+X to exit and save before you do.

Both your router and on your server you need to allow connections on ufw(Uncomplicated Firewall)
If you are using the coincashew guide maybe read that first https://www.coincashew.com/coins/overview-ada/guide-how-to-build-a-haskell-stakepool-node/how-to-harden-ubuntu-server

I want to be honest with you, if you follow the guide you’ll end up running a pool but if you can’t do basic linux you will have a hard time later. Maybe try everything on testnet first to learn as much as you can.

Thanks! I understand this will be challenging and I’m giving it my best shot. Running servers and nodes is something I’ve wanted to learn about for awhile, and I have some time off from work this week so I’m just diving headfirst into it to see how far I get.

I appreciate you trying to help me out!

1 Like