Network Connection Lost - reconnecting .. (help)

It’s not connected even after an hour … do anybody has solution to this one? I dont want to delete the data (%appdata%) … i will have to syn it from 0% … i have already synced more than 70%… I want to resume it from there only… Thanks…

At this stage I would say keep trying. Restart the computer and Daedalus, try a few times over a day or two, people have found it suddenly starts working after a while.

@HodlProf,

Please refer to page 8 and 9 with this FAQ: https://daedaluswallet.io/assets/Daedalus-FAQ.pdf

1 Like

Check if you’re affected by the pinning to taskbar issue: IOHK Statement: Daedalus pinning to Windows taskbar issue

1 Like

AFTER SYNCING AND SETTING UP THE WALLET … I SEND SOME FUNDS AND WHEN I TRIED IN A WHILE TO RESTART , THIS IS HAPPENING… WTH IS THIS ?? SO IRRITATING

Try restarting your computer once or twice…it has worked for me.

Not working

Cardano is a top class… but many people arent gonna buy ADA only because of the issue of Daedalus…

Daedalus requires certain ports to be open in order to function properly. Perhaps your firewall is blocking some/one of them.

Afaik these ports are:
TCP 3000
TCP 8090
TCP 43689
UDP 43
UDP 53
UDP 123
UDP 8090
UDP 43689

Source:

You can check what ports are open and what applications are using them on windows 10 by typing this command in windows command prompt.

netstat -a -b

You can open up specific ports in windows 10

Open firewall ports in Windows 10
You can manually permit a program to access the internet by opening a firewall port. You will need to know what port it uses and the protocol to make this work.

1. Navigate to Control Panel, System and Security and Windows Firewall.
  2. Select Advanced settings and highlight Inbound Rules in the left pane.
  3. Right click Inbound Rules and select New Rule.
  4. Add the port you need to open and click Next.
  5. Add the protocol (TCP or UDP) and the port number into the next window and click Next.
  6. Select Allow the connection in the next window and hit Next.
  7. Select the network type as you see fit and click Next.
  8. Name the rule something meaningful and click Finish.

Hopefully this solves your problem, if not you have ruled out one cause of the connecting to network issue.

If you ruled out that it’s not your firewall settings, try a VPN. There have been a couple of rare cases where ISP’s block connections to daedalus.

Best of luck, and fingers crossed.

1 Like