New Ambassador from the UK

Hey everyone!

Great to be part of the Cardano family. I’ve recently joined as an ambassador to take on the role of a moderator on Reddit.

A bit about me - I’m based in the UK where I work in research and development within the electronics industry as an automation engineer. I study a software engineering degree in my spare time; love motorcycles and all things computing.

I was initially drawn to Cardano given my familiarity with the development process and share the vision and values of the project. As an ambassador, I hope to positively influence the reddit community in some small way.

I will naturally spend most of my time on reddit, but I will try to show my face here from time to time. Feel free to contact me if you would like help with anything.

Here’s to a great year ahead of us, cheers!

Kai

21 Likes

Hello @SL13PNIR and welcome to our family! :slight_smile:

Cheers

1 Like

Welcome Kai (@SL13PNIR)

1 Like

Welcome mate :+1:

1 Like

welcome @SL13PNIR and congratulations!

hope to see you (and others) interacting more on here as the community own this platform and are 100% responsible and owned here on the forum - as opposed to other social networks where our community are at the mercy of centralised corporate entities.

on a separate note, it’s interesting to see you get appointed ambassador with 7/8 months of community engagement (on reddit) and a week on the forum - while others with years of community engagement (like myself) get told that there are " We currently do not have enough open positions in the moderation team and overstaffed."

NEEDS a separate post to address this issue.

Congratulations!

1 Like

here’s the separate post relating the the issue i highlighted:

Congratulation

1 Like

Will reply to your post over in the other thread. Hang tight.

And welcome @SL13PNIR! Glad to have you.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @SL13PNIR! Glad to have you reinforce the modding on Reddit with us. Much welcomed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Kai! Nice to see you here… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @SL13PNIR :wink:

2 Likes

Wow, this is excellent for you. Welcome :smile: What do you ride?

Thanks Melanie, a warm welcome to you also!

I ride a Ducati Streetfighter 848. Have to say I’m very jelous of your 2016 tour you described in your introductory post, it sounded epic! I’d love to do a huge tour like that one day, perhaps not on a Streetfighter though haha, I imagine I’d need something a bit more comfortable for those distances! Canada also looks like a fantastic place to ride given it’s such a beautiful country, it certainly puts England to shame!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far my friend, some beautiful places in the UK too, Lady bower in Wales for one and Glen Morrison in Scotland for two and many more. :purple_heart::vulcan_salute:

bamford-edge-sunset-July16-1-2

3 Likes

Haha you’ve just named two places outside of England! :stuck_out_tongue: Wales is quite nice to be fair, I went riding there last year and did a whole offroading weekend near Llanidloes which was awesome. I live in Devon, it’s a little lack luster in comparison to the beautiful sweeping mountain ranges I lust over in Canada. I’d really like to ride up to Scotland sometime though, I’ve never actually been that far North!

2 Likes

England

unnamed

2 Likes

@Trigger Ab-soul-utely! I agree with you :smile:

1 Like

@SL13PNIR I think you’d fair well on a long ride. Hubby was on his Hayabusa and loved every mile :smile: [funny story about a ‘HD oldie’ who was trying to put hubby’s bike down and insinuating at least I was comfortable, till I turned it around with some fine word-smithing and said “yeah, HE really is comfortable” haha :joy:
Enjoy your day and all those you’re with. :v:t4: :smile:

1 Like