Pegasus

Is my Yoroi wallet and ADA secure if the device used gets infected with Pegasus?

No. It is not secure.

Pegasus is a Mobile Trojan that collects passwords, app inputs, text and image copy. It also exploits kernel vulnerabilities. Depending on which phone you have it may imbed itself into apps that can’t be removed and you may need to get a new phone.

If you ever used your spending password while you know it was infected you should make a new wallet on another device and transfer your ADA out of wallet that was compromised.

Also, I’m not sure how would you know that you have Pegasus, since it can’t be detected by any anti-virus software to date. It is programed to erase it’s own trace. However, if you are sure you have it, then get a new phone.

Hope this helps :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks!

Talking weird - you know how sometimes the moment when youtube suggest to you a topic that you just thought in your heard or uttered.
What if it just doesn’t read your thoughts but also writes to it. That’s the experience i had the other day when out of nowhere the word pegasus came to mind while driving.