Register Stake Pool Transaction MissingVKeyWitnessesUTXOW

Hey all,

I am having a bug when trying to Register My Stake Pool on step 12 of CoinCashew on the last step it shoots out this message.

Any Clues what I could have done wrong?

cardano-cli transaction submit \
>     --tx-file tx.signed \
>     --mainnet
Command failed: transaction submit  Error: Error while submitting tx: ShelleyTxValidationError ShelleyBasedEraAlonzo (ApplyTxError [UtxowFailure (WrappedShelleyEraFailure (MissingVKeyWitnessesUTXOW (WitHashes (fromList [KeyHash "hashRemoved"]))))])

I have verified that
payment.skey
payment.vkey
stake.skey
stake.vkey
modified dates are prior to when I sent ADA into the address and are of the time I first generated them. So it appears these keys are in tact and I have not modified them since by accident.

I did send ADA in via 4 transactions, my total ADA is 509, this should be enough to register a pool with 0 pledge? I have already spent the 2 ADA to register my stake address

Please can you confirm:

• Are these the same keys --pool-reward-account-verification-key-file stake.vkey --pool-owner-stake-verification-key-file stake.vkey or is pool owner different from rewards account ?

• You created the pool.cert, node.cert and deleg.cert files?

• When building the transaction you provided both --certificate-file pool.cert --certificate-file deleg.cert ?

• When signing the transaction you provided all 3 witness certificates: --signing-key-file payment.skey --signing-key-file $HOME/cold-keys/node.skey --signing-key-file stake.skey ?

If the above points don’t resolve it for your please provide all steps you are doing so we can help you debugging.

Hi, I am having the exact same issue. I went over step 12 of the coincashew guide.
but no matter how careful I perform each step, I still get the MissingVKeyWitnessesUTXOW error. I cannot tell which signing file I am missing.

–pool-reward-account-verification-key-file stake.vkey and --pool-owner-stake-verification-key-file stake.vkey are the same. I provided both --certificate-file pool.cert --certificate-file deleg.cert and signed the transaction with the three witness certificates payment.skey, node.skey and stake.skey.

cardano-cli stake-pool registration-certificate \
    --cold-verification-key-file $HOME/cold-keys/node.vkey \
    --vrf-verification-key-file vrf.vkey \
    --pool-pledge 10000000000 \
    --pool-cost 340000000 \
    --pool-margin 0.01 \
    --pool-reward-account-verification-key-file stake.vkey \
    --pool-owner-stake-verification-key-file stake.vkey \
    --mainnet \
    --pool-relay-port 6000 \
    --pool-relay-ipv4 (Relay 1 IP ADDRESS) \
    --pool-relay-port 6000 \
    --pool-relay-ipv4 (Relay 2 IP ADDRESS \
    --metadata-url https://tinyurl.com/3seukxkc \
    --metadata-hash $(cat poolMetaDataHash.txt) \
    --out-file pool.cert

Any idea what I messed up?

The error comes up when there is a mismatch between keys, but can’t tell what you might have done wrong in the process from seeing only the step above. Maybe you retried generating the keys several times so have some mismatch with public and private keys?