Sending ADA from Adalite shows other adress and amount than asked

Hello everybody,

I have a little concern with transfering my ADA from Adalite via Trezor to another adress.

When I try to do a transaction from “Send” in Adalite, I put an amount of 100 ADA to a certain adress, I first get the right amount and adress on my trezor, but once I accept this, I got a much bigger amount (5000ADA) to another adress starting with “addr1”. I don’t want to send this amount to this adress, so I always cancel at that point.

I don’t know what I can do about it. Is it normal ? Why is there this amount and adress on my Trezor screen ?

I tried to look on the forum, but couldn’t find anybody else having this issue.

Thank you.

It’s fine, please watch to this video to understand why

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, I watched the video but still don’t really understand what this is for.
What is the meaning of these 5000 ADA ?

Ur balance has more than 5000 ada right?

Yes that’s right, but I don’t want them to be sent to a unknown adress, that’s why I’m wondering why this is showing up on the Trezor.

In the video Sebastian explained why…

It’s like u are going to the market and u want to buy something which is 11$ and u have 2 x 20$ bank-notes … u will pay 40$ bank-note and you will reveive 29$ back

Same for this transaction … u send more and recieve the change back to the wallet

U can check on cardanoscan.io

• go to receive section and copy one address then paste it on cardanoscan.io

There u should see how many address do u have and the balance for each one

1 Like

Your wallet has multiple addresses it controls. This “addr1” is the change address where your change is sent to.

Your trezor will clearly also show the 100 ada it is sending to the specified address. If younsee that it’s fine and as expected.

1 Like

Okay, thank you very much for your answers.
I was not sure it was the same thing he was talking about in the video, as he was only talking about 0.8 ADA. There are so many people loosing tokens or phishing, and I don’t want to be one of them.

Thanks again for making it clear.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I will try to send it then.