Simple smart contract / DApp ideas that you would like to see

example

Ambassadors List.
Dapp supports current list of Cardano ambassadors. We can store ambassador’s activity(history, list of it’s docfiles, presentation links…), its status(active/inactive/candidate…). Ambassador can be included/excluded via democratic voting(by other ambassadors, or community members), or by some automation(number of published docs/per some period, which is refleced in the list.)

Use cases

1. Motivate newcomers towards ambassador’s membership, where ambassadors are high-status bringers of knowledge.
  2. Encourage the ambassasor to be more productive and responsible.
  3. Demo, showing that Cardano(IOHK) uses it’s own technology for it’s own needs.
3 Likes

There are some smart contracts platforms providing possibility to configure and deploy such kind of simple smart contracts without programming skills. It would be great if Cardano implement the same feature or platform.

1 Like

Marlowe is a domain-specific language (DSL) which is designed to be usable by someone who is expert in a particular field: in the case of Marlowe, financial contracts, rather than requiring programming skills to use it.

1 Like

Hello there @adatainment. Thanks for what you’ve done for the community. I have an idea. It would be a riddle guesser. One person puts up a riddle with a small bounty and whoever guesses it gets the bounty.

Another one would be to attach a small bounty on having your kids learn the multiplication tables. Like a little game where you answer 6x2 8x7 etc. Once you pass them all a few times you get some monies.

2 Likes

A contract that access a user to log in to a website and lets the user get access in a predecided slot / block /Epoch timeperiod . A pay per view type of contract.

If I Should Die Before I Wake

A way of passing your funds on to someone else in the event that you die.

Contract creation takes funds and 2 args: inherit_address, ping_before_days

Contract stores timeout = now() + ping_before_days

After this timeout inherit_address can take the funds.

Ping method takes 1 arg: ping_before_days, sets timeout = now() + ping_before_days.

5 Likes

I really love the idea of decentralized storage, its not a new idea, Sia or Storj are working on it for long. Cardano should deal with this issue, dont know if from zero or collaborating with these competitive companies.

I am very into the coupon-on-blockchain idea. (still thinking of a cool name for the concept)
Another advantage of digital coupons would be that now the store may have access to some of their customers data, making the relation with the customer more manageable.
Also, it may be possible to exchange one sort of coupons for others, making this kind of coupons more valuable, redeemable.
And if you think about it, this may also represent a way of financing, as the stores are creating future obligations with their customers. This may turn into a two-edged sword if no redeemable barriers are put in place.

2 Likes

hahahaha, now I know how do I sound to my friends and family.

Often poker players, like Daniel Negraneau, will offer “packages” for events like the world series.
check this https://twitter.com/RealKidPoker/status/1123659309076733952
Some way for Players to transparently track and pay off “investors”

Time Gamble

1. Assign a countdown timer with a random duration (can range from hours to days) to a smart contract.
  2. Load the smart contract wallet with a small amount of funds, about 10 ADA.
  3. Participants send only 1 ADA to the smart contract to join but can do so multiple times
  4. The last person to send a transaction to the smart contract before the timer goes to 0 wins and gets all ADA from the wallet.

We need sportfeed oracle here, right?

1 Like

and the creator of the contract always win ?

Why? The the maker of the contract shouldn’t know the duration of the countdown if it was generate through a RNG function.

Hi. Yes, absolutely. There are many and they vary in quality as you can imagine, but here’s a sample: https://www.mysportsfeeds.com/

A smart contract could offer the bet, then allow one side to accept, and then present back to a public location for someone to take the other side (accept the bet), then the sportsfeed is read on an interval, then when event ends (based on time or a value in the DB, like “Final”), the contract could remit payment/settle.

yes?

:slight_smile: I’d rather implement myself the former

You can implement it the way you prefer :wink:. I was originally thinking of tying the transactions with a repetitive task such as chores to give incentive to our younger relatives. The more you do it, the higher the reward and your chance of getting the pot but there’s never a guarantee. However, oracles from IoT may take a while.

Yes, that is useful. Similar to the Testament Contract, maybe I should edit the starting post with all the submissions for convenience.

i think there will be a space opened up for trusted oracles in smart contracts of all sorts, as these information services will be vital to the functioning of many contracts, which move forward based on new information (and time.)

these will have to be vetted, trusted, secure 3rd party sources of information about the world, trusted enough to be inputted into a smart contract.

it opens up an entirely new angle to the “not your keys, not your coin” meme. as in the future, along with your keys, there will be some ‘trusted information source’ that can move forward a smart contract that your funds may be tied to.

how about something like this…
A platform to make new laws and modify existing ones based on online discussions and respective polls. I think no ADAs will need to be transferred, but a very good Identification system would need to be in place so participation and votes are managed both public and transparent, but also private when needed.