Splitting rewards between pledge and margins

Hi,

I’m running a mission driven pool which will be giving a percentage of it’s margins to charity.

I’m trying to figure out what the best way of working out exactly what 80% of the margin rewards were following each epochs payout. The challenge is seperating that from the rewards that will be earned on my own pledge.

Right now I have a single owner address which holds my pledge. I’m assuming that all of the rewards (rewards from my pledge, margins and the fixed operator fee) will all accumulate under that addresses staking key.

If I were to set up a second owner address and move my pledge there would that create a scenario where the operator fee + margins were paid out to one address and the rewards on pledge paid out to the newly created address?

If so, are there any considerations when moving the pledge from one address to the other? We’re producing blocks so there’s not a lot of margin for error.

Really grateful for any help with this,
Martin

Yes, this is true; You can have one wallet only for transactions fees and you will receive the cost + margin rewards, and another wallet for pledge which will receive the rewards for pledge;

If so, are there any considerations when moving the pledge from one address to the other? We’re producing blocks so there’s not a lot of margin for error.
I have this concern also, I know you should wait 2 epochs before to move the funds but I don’t know if it still the case if u pledge immediately from another wallet

Cheers,

2 Likes

Thank you Alex, this is very helpful and greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

But, my guess is that there should not be any affectation as long you will pledge from another wallet.
or another option is to set the pledge to 0 wait 2 epochs (and then sends the funds to another wallet and pledge with the new wallet)