Stake Distribution -

The stake distribution shows the top pools are quickly gaining significant stake.

cardano-cli shelley query stake-distribution

I haven’t seen a good answer as to why this is. Possibilities that I see are:

1. Rewards are set extremely high on ff testnet, so pools making blocks become larger very fast
  2. Stake-distribution returns cumulative lifetime percent of total, not just one epoch
  3. bug in stake distribution cli command

I would like to know why this is so I can make sure ff.pooltool.io is reporting useful information and haven’t seen a good answer to it yet (buried in telegram somewhere?)

1 Like

can we please not have a run to 100 M stake yet!? better to keep it lower so all pioneer coreNodes can produce some blocks.

I have a 1.5M filled pool (the number is clearly off) and make a lot of blocks. About 80 blocks in 6 or 7 epochs.

So I’d say, it is ok at the moment.

just for the records: I registered my pool (clio1) in phase1 as soon as the exercise and commands was ready. delegated 500k from the 1m funds I had. pool is up and running since then, (afaik) producing blocks whenever he should.
I have no idea who delegated 42.5 additional millions to my pool.

just for the records: I registered my pool (clio1) in phase1 as soon as the exercise and commands was ready. delegated 500k from the 1m funds I had. pool is up and running since then, (afaik) producing blocks whenever he should.
I have no idea who delegated 42.5 additional millions to my pool.

Same situation here. I doubt it’s delegation though :thinking:

So for posterity, it appears the answer is #1. The rewards were set extremely high on FF1.

1 Like

Damn … We should take care ! Some people are looking at ff.pooltool.io as a source of reliable info regarding what will be in mainnet - pledge, costs, margin and rewards :stuck_out_tongue: