The future of the Treasury

For starters:

Roughly:

1. You send some coins.
  2. You pay ~0.17 ADA to do so (for now)
  3. Slot leader puts your transaction into a block, among with let’s say 1000 total transactions
  4. Slot-leader pays himself a bonus out of nowhere, for example, 500 ADA
  5. Additionally, he adds all the transaction fees to this bonus, so = 500 + (1000 * 0.17) ADA = 670 ADA - this is the total block reward
  6. Now slot-leader gets two addresses - one is predefined (treasury) and one is any address he wants (usually his own)
  7. He sends 75% to himself, and 25% to the treasury
  8. So treasury gets (670 * 25%) = 167.5 ADA, and he gets 502.5 ADA
  9. He sends this block to the network and everyone is like: “ok”
  10. If he sends a block where there’s no 25% going to the specific address - then everyone else is going like :tipping_hand_man: “wtf?” and they just ignore the block
  11. All of this happens every 20 seconds

[Months go by]

1. Now there’s a lot of coins in the treasury
  2. I’m here like: “I’d like myself some of those dolla bills, yo”
  3. I go to the “Daedalus version 4” or somenthn and open “Send a proposal” tab
  4. I write: “I’m gonna make Cardano great again! So great… you wouldn’t believe. There’s gonna be so much performing. And I’m gonna need… 100’000 ADA for it.”
  5. This proposal goes to the blockchain
  6. Other people open their “Daedalus version 4” or sometnhn and open “Review proposals” tab
  7. They look at my proposal and think: “this guy makes sense” and click “All fricking for!”
  8. Once there’s like a 75% of active stake voted for my proposal - treasury automatically releases 100K ADA onto my address, and I go like “that worked? :upside_down_face:
  9. And then I go and implement stuff… or not.
13 Likes