The reason why Ada will hit 10,000 $ and much higher

Well said. Thanks for a dose of reality, crypto needs this often. The 2017 bubble was unfortunate in that it brought in so many who could care less about the reality of the (any) project and seek out value. I was brought in personally by the need for decentralized currency and storage of value. Although this is why I stay and hodl in the end (don’t trust fiat), as an engineer I am drawn to the technical depth and rigor displayed by IOHK. It is a beautiful thing to see such a complex creation come to pass so quickly and under such scrutiny. Very impressed by this project above all the others by far.

4 Likes

You’re wrong

He’s not. The fair value of a coin would be calculated as such:
Market cap / Circulating coin supply.

ADA has 25.9 billion coins in supply right now. People who choose to stake their ADA will get 10% more ADA after 1 year.

Assuming nobody stakes their ADA and the circulating supply remains 25.9 billion coins, Cardano’s market cap would need to be $250,000,000,000,000.

Cardano would need a market cap 1491 times greater than BTC!

**Cardano’s market cap would be the total GDP of the US for 11,660 years **

1 Like

I love how this thread never dies.

2 Likes

I don’t. It deserves a stake through its heart. :grin:

4 Likes

By the time, you will learn that value is not measured by MarketCap/CirculatingSupply only in the treaders’ brain. Anyway, I do not think that there is any chance that it will reach $10K, even $10 is unrealistic for some years provided if it could reach that value at all.

3 Likes

wrong bro it can hit 5$ for sure, last bullrun whe had nothing and where hitting 1.33$ now whe have staking on our side the smart contracts are on next and more is in the make as you know xrp has much more suply and last time it hit like say 3.80$ or so.let btc make a new high like 25/30k then you wil be amazed what ada is then bro,its miss ada lovelace on steroids😁
ada no 1💪

3 Likes

Oh yeah, 2017 was only stupid fast money into the whole game - now, staking is incoming. POS is much better then POW, considering to the waste of energy…

ADA is rank 7 now on coinmarketcap… But it deserves to get in the Top 3.

2 Likes

Exactly! Whenever anyone talks about the large supply I bring up XRP. We have huge upside potential.

1 Like

We should not compare ADA, BTC XPR but the smaller units like, lovelaces stoshis etc.

For example BTC has 2.1*10^15 satoshis while Cardano has 4.5*10^16 lovelaces.
Means only 21 times more lovelaces than satoshis (i.e smallest units).

Meaning if we consider $20K bitcoin then ADA can be as high as $9.33.
But, do not take it too serious.:slight_smile:

5 Likes

And if BTC can reach $1M then ADA can reach nearly $50K.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really can’t wait for Goguen so everyone can put money where their mouth is with these predictions. Not saying it’s impossible. Given all the years ahead of us, especially of how special 2020 has been, anything can happen. Right now though, there’s no consequence to screaming $10K by year 202X misleading a lot of not very well informed people.

Means only 21 times more lovelaces than satoshis (i.e smallest units).

at least this is reasonable enough.

3 Likes

I would not go that far in terms of ADA valuation. I think $2-$5 price tag at the end of 2021 is highly likely taking under consideration current bulls run and overall market sentiment and the upcoming cardano updates. Great to see this thread never dies ;D

5 Likes

@ $2 - $4 ADA sounds reasonable, anything above that is just icing on the cake.

2 Likes

Seen the original post stems from 2017 and hoped for at least 10 USD per ADA by the time I retire in 2024… but after seeing the latest video by Charles [The Island, The Ocean and the Pond (Soon)] then I believe even my expectations could be way too small.

5 Likes

ada to 10 usd NFT: https://app.rarible.com/allin

1 Like

I’ll sell you a 5-year call option w/ a strike at 5000 USD.

We can do a smart contract – let me know where you want to transact.

@Montna_Jim I appreciate your words. I too, am taking the long view. One thing I did want to throw into the discussion is this:
To what extent do you see the rapid emergence of CBDC’s interacting with known cryptocurrencies? I see Cardano as complimentary and inclusive.

You are correct. Cardano was built with interoperability in mind.

There will be thousands of different blockchains being used in the coming years and they will have to be interoperable in some way. Either natively or through some sort of interpreter chain.

1 Like

It is so exciting! I’m really looking forward to the Goguen release.

1 Like